Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:45 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,813,243 times

Advertisements

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 07:02 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,197,137 times
Me and my Ex belong to the Spirit of '76 Swingers club in Kansas City.

This is one thing that hurt our marraige for the fact she wanted it to take up most our life.

hillman

Old 07-06-2009, 05:46 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,703,105 times
We knew a couple who were NON-dancing swingers. The funny part was, we didn't know they were until about six month later! They hid it from us. We did get "offered", but my wife wasn't into it

I can offer a lot of insights as we met several couples through them. They're actually more complex than a standard relationship.

First, there's no demographic for them, they can be anyone. The "selection" process greatly varies...Some couples want to "conquer" a couple once and move on to the next. Some want an exclusive thing between the four of them. Some couples take anything they can get, some are highly selective and only want super attractive people. The first "date" also varies greatly. Sometimes it's like a date with nothing happening until the third date, at other times things get hot and heavy right in the beginning. 90% of the girls are bi-sexual, very small percentage of guys are. According to what I heard, stuff generally happens in the same bedroom. Girls generally do their things to eachother then the guys get involved with the other's girl.

For the mindset, my friends were only interested in couples in their 20s. Most I was seemed very unstable and had children. They had very little time to build their bond with each other before jumping into it. I think it's generally a lesser of two evils thing; the kids is what keep them together. From the info I've gathered, if you generally had a stable relationship for ten years, many say getting into swinging could greatly improves your life. I would personally like to become one, my wife has other plans, lol...

Old 07-06-2009, 05:56 AM

337 posts, read 794,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I fell asleep on a hammock a few times. Oh, and I used to ride the swings really high and jump off of them as a kid. Does that count?
Weren't you afraid of going all the way around the pole??? (Minds out of gutter)...

That was my biggest fear...

Do porch swings count?

Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,813,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
We knew a couple who were NON-dancing swingers. The funny part was, we didn't know they were until about six month later! They hid it from us. We did get "offered", but my wife wasn't into it

I can offer a lot of insights as we met several couples through them. They're actually more complex than a standard relationship.

First, there's no demographic for them, they can be anyone. The "selection" process greatly varies...Some couples want to "conquer" a couple once and move on to the next. Some want an exclusive thing between the four of them. Some couples take anything they can get, some are highly selective and only want super attractive people. The first "date" also varies greatly. Sometimes it's like a date with nothing happening until the third date, at other times things get hot and heavy right in the beginning. 90% of the girls are bi-sexual, very small percentage of guys are. According to what I heard, stuff generally happens in the same bedroom. Girls generally do their things to eachother then the guys get involved with the other's girl.

For the mindset, my friends were only interested in couples in their 20s. Most I was seemed very unstable and had children. They had very little time to build their bond with each other before jumping into it. I think it's generally a lesser of two evils thing; the kids is what keep them together. From the info I've gathered, if you generally had a stable relationship for ten years, many say getting into swinging could greatly improves your life. I would personally like to become one, my wife has other plans, lol...
What is your favorite club?

Old 07-07-2009, 01:20 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,197,137 times
We use to go to Vollyball Parties in Kansas City too.Check your Clothes at the Door.

Oh the Spirit of '76 had at that time 450 members.

hillman

Old 07-07-2009, 10:47 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,059,343 times
I heard a rumor...and it's a rumor cause I'm not sure if it's true or not. BUT...I heard from a gf who knew a couple that liked to swing, that if there is a pineapple flag on one of those home flag posts, then that is a sign of a household that swings! The best part about this rumor is that I lived in Colonial Williamsburg when I heard this and TONS of households had pineapple flags to show their hospitality! It always made me wonder when I would drive by a house with one of those flags if it was truly hospitality that they were showing or something else!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I heard a rumor...and it's a rumor cause I'm not sure if it's true or not. BUT...I heard from a gf who knew a couple that liked to swing, that if there is a pineapple flag on one of those home flag posts, then that is a sign of a household that swings! The best part about this rumor is that I lived in Colonial Williamsburg when I heard this and TONS of households had pineapple flags to show their hospitality! It always made me wonder when I would drive by a house with one of those flags if it was truly hospitality that they were showing or something else!
I think it means there was a sale on Pineapple flags at the Dole Pineapple plant.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,547,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
In an earlier swinger thread, they said it was white landscape rocks in the front yard.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:35 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
What about houses that have a gnome out front?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships