Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 06:19 AM

751 posts, read 1,674,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
I mean,wives are submissive,take all the houseworks,always husband and kid first, don't spend money on herself.
It seems to me that woman who like to spend money on herself,who argue with her husband,who share the houseworks with her husband(even if she doesn't work full-time) more likely get a better husband.
Which one could better describe men's instinct, protecting women or conquering women?

I was a traditional housewife but I was never treated as a doormat.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Give me a break. I have an excellent marriage. I provide my husband with opportunity and support, and submissiveness does not come into play. There is no way I could have the husband I do if I were an adult-child.
Hold on a second!!!

I never said anything about an "adult-child."

A woman plays a significant role in the family. She is not a child!

What I was saying is a traditional woman would love for her husband to take the lead in planning a date, holding the door for her, picking her up at the door, having reservations already made, getting her chair, picking up the tab. She just has to enjoy the male role in taking the lead.

Today, many men do not know how to be a man. To be a gentleman. They are not taught. So you ladies will have to encourage him to take that role. Little by little he will feel confident and will make decisions for the family, learn to be a man and take care of his woman's needs.

Women too have to learn roles that were never taught to them either.

Society has gone a long way from the family uniting together at a dinner table with a healthy conversation of the days activities.

I'm telling you the family circle is going to pot.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
It really doesn't matter what they appreciate. They cannot afford one.

That's why these cults are always involved in welfare fraud and other scams. Their men can't really afford this either.

Of course, all organized religion has a way of making us all pay for their privileges.

Hi NotARedneck,

I know plenty of single income households including mine.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Hold on a second!!!

I never said anything about an "adult-child."
Unless a person is into kinky role play, which is dandy, submissive equates child. period. And those that desire submissive are control freaks. Both are emotionally stunted and I wouldn't say either in such a relationship are more than children any way.

Quote:
Today, many men do not know how to be a man. To be a gentleman. They are not taught. So you ladies will have to encourage him to take that role. Little by little he will feel confident and will make decisions for the family, learn to be a man and take care of his woman's needs.
I don't believe nudging from anybody will manifest a responsible adult. There are plenty of men and women that don't need coaxing. Why? Because they're not children. It is not gender roles that define an adult. The idea that individual maturity is dependent on another is completely foreign to me.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 PM

55 posts, read 61,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Really? You think that a woman essentially has to become a willing slave to find a husband. Really? You know, we really miss you here on earth. When come back leave that crap in space, will ya?
you are slave at your 95 job to a strange rand you are doing it willingly.but when it comes of raising children and cleaning a house you are a slave and you don't like it.no wonder this country is going down the toiled when women thinks she is a slave if she keeps a house clean and raise her children to be respectable people.i would never married women like you, you have penis envy probably and guy that is with you,you are probably trying to feminize.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:09 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,927,876 times
Do I smell Beefaroni? Chef B are you there?

Old 05-04-2010, 02:07 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,502 times
I dated a very traditional woman. It was really nice to be pampered and feel like a king in my castle.
My wife is a career professional and that works very well for me as well,, however, I'm more of the court jester than the king and I cherish those rare days when my wife goes all domestic on me.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,977,408 times
I'm very traditional, it's how I was raised however I wouldn't be a wife to a man who didn't know how to handle a traditional wife. Not every man is equipped to be a leader or know their role as a husband to a traditional wife. Submissive does not equal doormat and if the man's role as a husband is done correctly, the wife wouldn't ever feel like a doormat. He will show through his actions that she is cherished and appreciated.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:47 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,755 times
im open for it

Old 05-04-2010, 10:25 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notobrainwashing View Post
you are slave at your 95 job to a strange rand you are doing it willingly.but when it comes of raising children and cleaning a house you are a slave and you don't like it.no wonder this country is going down the toiled when women thinks she is a slave if she keeps a house clean and raise her children to be respectable people.i would never married women like you, you have penis envy probably and guy that is with you,you are probably trying to feminize.

Im not sure what a "strange rand" is but I get a nice salary, flexable hours, vacation, leave days, sick leave and insurance benefits from my 40hr. a week job. While there I am also protected from physical and sexual abuse and harrassment, I can have adult conversations have a nice uninterupted lunch and grab a drink after work with my peers. Hardly a definition of slavery.

When I am home cleaning and cooking and raising children, I have none of the above. Having no income I am at the mercy of another to provide food, shelter and medical care, control when and where I can travel, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships