Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 11:42 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,631,496 times

Advertisements

During my lifetime gender roles have changed significantly which I see as a very positive development. Back in the 50's women who worked had few choices beyond being a nurse, schoolteacher or secretary. I also think that those who miss the good old days are looking at the past with rose colored glasses. Thankfully women are finally reaching the point where they want to expand their horizons and see what they're capable of achieving. Being nothing but a servant to a dominating male in order to live some outdated lifestyle from a half century ago is not appealing to many women these days.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:56 AM

55 posts, read 61,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
During my lifetime gender roles have changed significantly which I see as a very positive development. Back in the 50's women who worked had few choices beyond being a nurse, schoolteacher or secretary. I also think that those who miss the good old days are looking at the past with rose colored glasses. Thankfully women are finally reaching the point where they want to expand their horizons and see what they're capable of achieving. Being nothing but a servant to a dominating male in order to live some outdated lifestyle from a half century ago is not appealing to many women these days.
and they do that and they become depressed suicidal and overwhelmed with everything like Lindsey Britney haidi and so on and on.but they are all depressed and sad inside and most of them want a man to wear a pants again and tell them what to do and there is millions and millions of not so famous women who are thinking the same.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,687,651 times
Women who get an education, work outside the home, and treat their husbands as equals, rather than superiors, do raise children, clean their houses and cook meals. I wasn't raised by TV -- there was no TV in the house for much of my childhood. I was raised by educated, intellectual parents, who read to me, helped me with school work, put me through music school, and generally showed me that there is much more to life than cooking and cleaning. And for the record -- a wife whose role is to follow orders and service her family members is a mere butler. The "wages" she gets for it -- because remember, traditional wives don't spend any money on themselves, per the OP -- are basically in the form of rent and food, in return for a 24/7 work schedule. If you calculate that, it's actually pennies per hour.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:00 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,687,651 times
The only women that I've met who were genuinely depressed and suicidal were all SAHMs.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:07 PM

10 posts, read 27,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
I mean,wives are submissive,take all the houseworks,always husband and kid first, don't spend money on herself.
It seems to me that woman who like to spend money on herself,who argue with her husband,who share the houseworks with her husband(even if she doesn't work full-time) more likely get a better husband.
Which one could better describe men's instinct, protecting women or conquering women?
Definitely conquering women.

And the only men that want "wives are submissive,take all the houseworks,always husband and kid first, don't spend money on herself." Are Pigs or Abusive or Ignorant.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
He makes a good point, though, about how you can't rent an apartment with minimum wage. At least he acknowledges that "traditional good wives" live in such dire poverty, they can't even rent an apartment.
Ok, you're giving credit where ever you can. The irony is just too much on this forum. It's a dolt magnet.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:09 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,609,477 times
My issue with this particular topic is that it is not OK with many people to have a more traditional marriage.

I do, and it's exactly right for me.

I do work, but I work from home for the time being. When the kids are all old enough to be in school, I will probably work out of an office part time. I do the cooking, the laundry, the cleaning. My dh does the outside and heavy stuff. I don't WANT to do that stuff. I want to do the stuff I do. If I need help, I ask, and he helps me.

I want car doors opened for me, etc. I love chivalry.

I don't care what other people's marriages look like. It bothers me when I feel criticized for mine.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notobrainwashing View Post
and they do that and they become depressed suicidal and overwhelmed with everything like Lindsey Britney haidi and so on and on.but they are all depressed and sad inside and most of them want a man to wear a pants again and tell them what to do and there is millions and millions of not so famous women who are thinking the same.
Your posts make me sad inside. If you're a troll, you're talented. If you're for real, you're the poster child of gov. involvement in mandatory BC.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
He makes a good point, though, about how you can't rent an apartment with minimum wage. At least he acknowledges that "traditional good wives" live in such dire poverty, they can't even rent an apartment.
what are you talking about family live in poverty not just wife and, family that is wealthy is wealthy and not just wife.you just can't accept that women was loot more happier and had direction in life in times of traditional wives then now.you just can't accept that can you.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Your posts make me sad inside. If you're a troll, you're talented. If you're for real, you're the poster child of gov. involvement in mandatory BC.
hell no gov has nothing to do with this.gov and media has destroyed families and created this well fear country and only way to get it back is to bring family values back.and only way to do it is to get gov and media out of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships