Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 06:16 PM

31 posts, read 49,487 times

Advertisements

Good Grief!!!

Does such a woman still exist!

My ex, attempted to turn me into just such a woman, to his detriment... I hear his retrieval surgery, went well.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:20 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Some women can be very good, even though they are not a traditional good wife; it may depend on communication, tolerance, and attitude.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:35 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Wow, you're quite the rude christian aren't you.

Well guess what, I am happily married and just like Braunwyn I too am an atheist. My husband is an atheist too. We made up our own wedding vows and got married in our lounge with some friends.

Another big 'guess what'...atheists have a lower divorce rate than christians. Funny isn't it
I'm not rude. Sarcastic maybe.

I am glad you are happily married. That's great. I am just saying that this sort of union originated with God and it is sacred. To change this union into a few original and personal vows to meet your lifestyle is just different.

I understand you and Mikala43 probably moved far away from organized religion because of radicals. I don't mean to shove anything down your throats or seem judgemental. I just find it odd that's all.

Even religion itself break apart and make new religions to meet their own lifestyles. They even lead the congregation with things other than what the Bible says. So how is that good?

Lower divorce rates could be because the Devil has no need to break you apart since you already reject God. What more would he need to do. He would rather attack ones that try to keep a marriage union sacred.

At any rate, before this thread turns religious I would just like to say I am happy to hear you both are happy. That's great. Sorry I am such a blunt, meany.

Have a good one K?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
I mean,wives are submissive,take all the houseworks,always husband and kid first,
That doesn't sound like the type of woman I'd want a long term relationship with. I'd get bored really fast.

Quote:
don't spend money on herself.
This I could live with.

Quote:
Which one could better describe men's instinct, protecting women or conquering women?
Neither

Old 01-01-2011, 01:02 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I'm not rude. Sarcastic maybe.

I am glad you are happily married. That's great. I am just saying that this sort of union originated with God and it is sacred. To change this union into a few original and personal vows to meet your lifestyle is just different.
Um, people have been getting married around the globe through out history where monotheism wasn't and hasn't been introduced. Monotheism is largely absent from India, China, and Japan IIRC. Their marriages hold just as much value to them as anybody else's. And further, what exactly is this difference in lifestyle? Besides the fact that we actually respect our husbands?

Quote:
Even religion itself break apart and make new religions to meet their own lifestyles. They even lead the congregation with things other than what the Bible says. So how is that good?

Lower divorce rates could be because the Devil has no need to break you apart since you already reject God. What more would he need to do. He would rather attack ones that try to keep a marriage union sacred.
Now you just sound crazy. Yes, you are so very important that the gods and spirits in the heavens are fighting over your special marriage, which according to you, is comprised of suffering and torture. If that's the case, I guess we should consider ourselves lucky to be out of the cross fire.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Further funny man, something is very wrong with your religion when atheists act like better Christians than Christians themselves.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
I have a friend who is one of those traditional wives. The way her husband speaks to her is reprehensible to me and I wouldnt spend one minute wasting my time on him. IMO - there probably are men who value their wives who are more "traditional" and cherish and appreciate them. Unfortunately I havent seen it in action yet.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I have a small request. Will the people who like to say "take the reigns" please realize that it is "take the REINS"? Thank you.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I have a small request. Will the people who like to say "take the reigns" please realize that it is "take the REINS"? Thank you.
Hush it little woman and don't correct the men folk.

Er, or should I address you as women since quite a few don't know the difference between the singular and plural.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:14 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I figured it was a Freudian slip....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships