Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 04:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I know lots of guys that act like chasing women is A MUST when you're single. It's as if chasing women is the only reason for being sngle.

What do you guys think about this?

Yea, I totally agree. I remember when I was younger (13-14) I was part of a pack of guys that would act like savages over girls. Even at that early age they were already having multiple sex partners and for some reason they felt I should get in on the "fun" as they would harass me to have sex with random girls and would make fun of me if I could not get a girls phone number or if a girl showed no interest in me.

Fast forward today, they all have kids (which is ok) but you can tell they were not ready for them. One of the guys later on in life even came up to me when I was in the old neighborhood and said that he has a lot of respect for me because I never gave in to do what they were doing and what I was doing was right.

In the end, this world is very tricky as there is a fine line in how much this life will allow you to "enjoy" yourself before the piper comes to collect his debt.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 06:31 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Well I will agree with many people here. I do not going chasing women. I hate it that it is portrayed men chasing women. There are a lot of us who are not like that. If I have a girlfriend I will only be with her. What is not portrayed is that there are women that are men chaser too.. They always blame on the men for everything... Men are dogs, this and that. The women are at fault because they are the ones that look for these types of men. These types of guys are never shy or are very confident so this is what women are attracted. So then as the relationship goes on, then these men will cheat on them. Women never goes for the quiet guys. The quiet guys are the one that are loyal, sweet, sincere etc... So this is what women should go for in order to get a good man.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:57 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I know lots of guys that act like chasing women is A MUST when you're single.
It's as if chasing women is the only reason for being sngle.

What do you guys( and nosey gals) think about this?

I am very fond of (slender and tall)women but I DO NOT chase them, never have never will.
Why take the risk? I have better things to do. If I have a partner, that's great. But I've been single too. Either works.

The major difference is in what kind of food is around the house. By myself, I'd just follow the directions on the package and stick it in the microwave. With a woman in the house, I've found they like to cook. Mix things together, and by some mystical wizardy produce food that's decent enough to eat.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:58 PM

190 posts, read 413,167 times
I quit "chasing" ( meaning flirting or making goofy small talk) women in my 30's, partly cause it rarely went anywhere. Of course, I was raised to value developing yourself in different areas and not defining yourself by your relationship status. In my younger days I fell for the women who flirted with me (at bars, social events, etc) and then got shot down a few times for them to score some ego points.

Now, I don't try to chat up women I am not going to run into on a regular basis. If we're continually in the same circles then, great, maybe I'll get to know them. Otherwise I've got my own pursuits to follow.

It's probably best for both men and women this way since you aren't forcing the woman or yourself to make a quick assesment of things and you can guage their interest in how they reciprocate over time.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
What did it get me? Only the most marvelous woman on the planet...
Good thing she married you to herself! If it were up to you to get something done...

Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
I have never chased women. I love women, I am attracted to women, but I as a single man never chased women. I was and am very shy, and I have never been the type of guy who had lots of "game." I never wanted to pile up "conquests" or spend lots of time trying to land this girl or that girl. I wanted someone - one person - to love, pure and simple.

Now that I am married, I definitely don't chase women.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:52 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,732 times
There were a number of women I was interested in as a younger man. I pursued them merely to date them, and never more. I later found these women were 'less than' for many reasons, and I found my pursuing them was relative to superficial qualities they had.

Nowadays I will show an interest in dating women, but not go further than that. If they show a similar interest, we may have something going, but I won't necessarily go out of my way by over-extending my interests, activities, schedule, to get a chance to chat them up. I will also tell women straight out I have no interest in them save as friends, and I think this is comforting for them as well as its comforting for me. It is said men have a harder time hearing that commentary, but I don't have a problem with it.

It has been imagined by women a number of times that I have difficulty with being told, 'we can only be friends,' but I can honestly say I simply enjoy a woman friend's company knowing it will end with laughing, joking, honest reflection, and each of us going to separate homes after we have spent our time together. I've found women don't have to be in 'my sights' to truly appreciate them, and there are times that making such declarations as 'we won't be dating' really clears the air for honest, deep communication.

I likely could have cut down a number of bedposts with the notches I could have gotten as a younger man, but I never went that route. I perceive such a lifestyle and pursuit to be very superficial, it has hints and traces of partialism (look it up), and I can't imagine it could have ever been satisfying. When there is interest and reciprocity, I am really lit up by the whole person, which is why at 48 I've probably not dated more than 5-7 women.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Back in the day it was called chasing "skirt"

I'm not sure how it called now as I haven't chased "skirt" in a million yrs.

Yes, its posssible to interact in life without chasing women.
Isn't that, like, way before your time, and stuff?...

Old 07-11-2009, 11:04 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good thing she married you to herself! If it were up to you to get something done...
Hey, Ron issued a no gals curfew

Old 07-12-2009, 01:40 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
Ron, well said earlier posts..

As for myself..If i see a woman who interests me, i'll make my presence known then fall back..and see if she takes the bait..so to say..and yes, id consider myself plenty confident, love my ladies, and got enough game..just want to see if that awesome brunette smiling back from across the bar will pick up on my electricity..no need to shroud her in fog..as a workplace saying goes..

And yes,when i hear someone say.."geese, you're single..and not ***(!!' around?..whats wrong with you.." i think to myself, didn't someone stop throwing temper tantrums when they had to wait for something at age 5???..A real man doesn't ALWAYS need woman around when he is one amongst himself..I laugh when i hear friends whine about not having someone around every second they are single..kind of Diva-ish if you think about it..

And i also would bet that most women would be more attracted to/or by a man who can be by himself..without whining....so stop it, you kumquat..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships