Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:11 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,454,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
What are you, some FEZ like character? You're homeland is a mystery?

Where the hell is your homeland??
Judging by elaborate writing, sounds much like Nigerian mail scam...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
The OP's confused and is seeking to hide himself behind a lame excuse.

TEN YEARS is a long time, bro. Did you find someone more curvaceous and alluring back in the homeland?

Ten year plans don't work. They say five year plans don't work either. When I was 20, I made astronomical objectives for 30, one of them being conquering the world

It clearly did not happen.

I'm gonnabe 30 in a year And I have a new set of astronomical objectives for 35 which will dwarf those of ten years ago.

But one of my married ex-bosses (this guy is an exec, he gets his ride in a dark lincoln) once told me that all 5 yr, 10 yr plans go boring when you marry the babe of your life and see your first son or daughter. You see life from a whole new frame and your prime objective is fatherhood and see the little one grow up, great and successful.

Considering that, your 10 year plan is probably farcical right now.
Hey, it's nice to see so many different opinions posted here. Unfortunately, some have pegged me as the guy who took advantage of a good woman. I will address that POV briefly.

The thought of an enduring relationship with Anne had been on the table for much time. Given that neither of us wants to remain in SoCal, we had discussed alternate locations within the USA. But our realities were different and we both understood this. After all, I'm much closer to the retirement "finish line" than she is.

The turning point came when I went on holidays to my homeland. And no, I did not meet someone more curvaceous than Anne. However, I did find several friends and family members whom I was happy to see and whom were sincerely joyous to see me. My conclusion..."it's time to start making a homebound U-turn." And again, that place is no place for Anne for a gamut of reasons. The location of this place is completely immaterial. Let it suffice to know that Anne was willing to visit my homeland only one third of the year.

Bottom line...I am satisfied with my decision and I am convinced that the right thing was done. In due time Anne will be also realize this was best for her also.

My questions are the same I posed at the begging of this thread....

- Why would any woman want to carry on with a relationship which will inevitably end some day?

- Doesn't she understand that I've chosen to end our relationship for her own good?

Cast me as you wish. I have done what is right for me, and for a great woman whom will eternally be a part of me.

Also, one, five, and ten year plans help keep focus. I've lived life by demarcations. Not to say that all plans will be accomplished as planned. But, I'd much rather know that "I had a plan which failed" than "I failed to have a plan!"

Lastly...the USA is the greatest nation on Earth, and we should all be proud of being active participants in the contemporary throws of this country's history. However, be it ever so humble, so third-world, so "lagging behind", for some of us, nothing can change our love for the country we left behind decades ago. Our hearts are from whence they came from, and there must they return someday.

It's getting to be time for me to start making a homebound U-turn. I miss it. And I will someday miss this great land called...The United States of America.

God bless you all!

Thank you friends.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post

- Why would any woman want to carry on with a relationship which will inevitably end some day?

- Doesn't she understand that I've chosen to end our relationship for her own good?

You need to ask her this. Only she knows her reasons.

It sounds like she does. You say she sounds resigned. But you have to understand that she has made a choice for herself. You cannot save her, if she doesnt want you to save her. So quit trying.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post

You need to ask her this. Only she knows her reasons.

It sounds like she does. You say she sounds resigned. But you have to understand that she has made a choice for herself. You cannot save her, if she doesnt want you to save her. So quit trying.
It's been one exact week today since I heard from Anne. I do miss her. I know she misses me too. But it is better that I keep my distance. As you say, she has made her choice.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
It's been one exact week today since I heard from Anne. I do miss her. I know she misses me too. But it is better that I keep my distance. As you say, she has made her choice.
It's August 19th. Anne and I have seen each other sporadically over the past two weeks. Our passion is not only there...it has definitely intensified.

I missed her. She missed me. We missed our day-to-day conversations. She missed the way I easily made her laugh. I missed her nerdy librarian personality and looks, glasses and all. We missed our heartfelt embraces. Heck, we even missed the looks we'd get when we ventured out in public..and on and on.

What do they call this???

Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
It's August 19th. Anne and I have seen each other sporadically over the past two weeks. Our passion is not only there...it has definitely intensified.

I missed her. She missed me. We missed our day-to-day conversations. She missed the way I easily made her laugh. I missed her nerdy librarian personality and looks, glasses and all. We missed our heartfelt embraces. Heck, we even missed the looks we'd get when we ventured out in public..and on and on.

I call it "reality" - the one you didn't want to see

Choosing country over love?? I'd NEVER do it, not if it's true love.

All those people who were so "sincerely glad" to see you at the holidays - I suppose you can really count on them to be there for you till the end of your days, right?? Sure. They'll be happy to wipe your ass in the nursing home when you're too old, feeble and alone in the world to do it for yourself. After all, who needs a loyal loving partner when you've got people sincerely glad you are just "there" sharing their love of country

Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,113 times
Quote:

Cast me as you wish. I have done what is right for me, and for a great woman whom will eternally be a part of me.

God bless you all!

Thank you friends.
Ummmm, you sound like a con artist. You and she aren't in a relationship so no need to use that misleading term. The reason she wants to stay in what she thinks is a relationship with you is that you are a liar. Had you told her you used her sexy body for two years and now you're ready to dump it she wouldn't want to stay in this fictional relationship. If you wanted her to move on you would have told her the truth without the laughable patronizing Harlequin Romance garbage you're spewing here. So that's the hook you've been wanting us to point out to you. With any luck she'll move on and dismiss your oily memory.

Thanx Friend

Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
I now remember why I never replied to this post..

Old 08-19-2009, 11:48 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:

Sounds like maybe you do miss her. But I still don't think it qualifies as love. If it were love, you would know from the get-go. It also sounds like you are lonely. Its normal. It shall pass.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
She would probably want to, he was the one who said it wouldn't work for her to do so. I'm guessing he's talking about Iraq or some other muslim country.
I think OP is from Puerto Rico. I don't know why he thinks his Irish lass wouldn't be able to adapt to there......Americans and other non-Latins live there and thrive, why wouldn't she? I think there is something else involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships