Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 AM

20 posts, read 75,997 times

Advertisements

I have a friend that does that. I asked him why, he said he likes it when his stomach shines...God, I wanted to punch him. And then throw up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:29 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Guys do you do this....I just had to laugh...of all the guys I dated he has to be the first I heard this!
OK so...who's business is it where this guy shaves himself and why? Why would this even be a topic on the forum? Maybe he swims? Maybe he is a biker? Maybe he just pure hates the damn stuff. Who cares?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:37 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Lol, you read wayy too much into things, Jeepy. I was just saying it's a bit girly to shave your legs and armpits... Maybe I'm just a bit old fashioned, but I believe there are reasons why men and woman are different other than their genitals.
I agree with you. It is too girly for a man to shave his legs and armpits, IMO. I'm not attracted to that 'metro-sexual' look. I don't want a man that is cutting his femininity close to mine.

What gets me the most is a straight man who waxes his eyebrows and they are more define and contoured than the average female - what a turn-off.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

What gets me the most is a straight man who waxes his eyebrows and they are more define and contoured than the average female - what a turn-off.
HAHA, I have a friend who does that. He also thinks he's a super pimp.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:55 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
HAHA, I have a friend who does that. He also thinks he's a super pimp.
It reminds me of Boy George.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:44 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,501,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karuna95 View Post
Hehe... I stand corrected Broadbill. It's just that I ride a bicycle, and I usu describe it as "biking" and not "cycling"
I used to call riding a bicycle biking too, until I moved to Maine. Here, most people ride motorcycles (no helmet law) instead of bicycles so biking refers to riding motorcycles for most of the population.

The confusion between what is considered when you say "biking" has been the source of confusion during a number of conversations I've had...lol

Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Long armpit hair looks as unappetizing on men as it does on women.... good for him if he shaves it or trims it. Nothing more gross looking than a guy in a tank top, with a big bush of hair peeking out from beneath his armpits... keep it trimmed!

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-17-2009, 11:05 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
but I believe there are reasons why men and woman are different other than their genitals.

Well, that is really the point though. Both men AND women grow hair on their legs and in their armpits, amongst other places. Yet somehow we ended up with this double standard that women are supposed to shave every hair on their body, except their heads, yet men can be as hairy as they want to be.... Hairy backs, stomachs and armpits are not attractive on guys either, IMO.

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-17-2009, 11:12 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Well, that is really the point though. Both men AND women grow hair on their legs and in their armpits, amongst other places. Yet somehow we ended up with this double standard that women are supposed to shave every hair on their body, except their heads, yet men can be as hairy as they want to be.... Hairy backs, stomachs and armpits are not attractive on guys either, IMO.
You mean that double standard which was set by females in the early 20th century as dresses became shorter and shorter??????

Old 07-17-2009, 11:14 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Nic View Post
I have a friend that does that. I asked him why, he said he likes it when his stomach shines...God, I wanted to punch him. And then throw up.
You should have instantly revoked his man card, and then burned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I agree with you. It is too girly for a man to shave his legs and armpits, IMO. I'm not attracted to that 'metro-sexual' look. I don't want a man that is cutting his femininity close to mine.

I'll have to show you the little piece I wrote on metrosexuals sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships