Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
there is only one Sierra
OK, my pupil is not that hopeless!

Quote:
and I tell you what,the day I make it out to cactus land I'm taking you out and fancy.No matter my economic situation while you may be throwing red paint on me we'll be painting the town red on me.

And as far as pupil,I'll gladly listen to you scold me about my spelling (with a chuckle) but then it will be my turn to teach and my choice is to teach art and after I show my english teacher the art of kissing,you'll be stuttering to speak any kind of english and will probably be requesting "Hot for teacher" by Van Halen on your local radio.
LK, very sweet of ya, darlin', particularly after I've been hammering ya , but how many times do I need to tell ya I look nothing like your "dream" women!

Quote:
Although since you mention Pink Floyd,we have something we both like right away to start our conversation off.The guy is such a incredible player ,David Gilmore hits such tasteful notes wish I could like him...
Nah, I just like to grind pupils! Kiddin'. I like Pink Floyd. I just wish I didn't have to "study" the lyrics of Shine on You Crazy Diamond in my ol' age...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Another Pink Floyd addict here (People think I'm nuts coz my favourite album is atom heart mother)

Old 07-21-2009, 06:39 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, I'll bite!

What I bolded is caused by flying fingers. It can happen to anybody. Occasionally I skip whole words when I'm in a hurry, but unlike others I first read what I'm about to post out of respect for the audience.

And no, LK, illiteracy AIN'T cute! Even less so in the case of a native speaker. Not to me anyway. Being bratty is a different animal - I like doing it myself all the time as do others.

Latter, alligator! See? It doesn't even rhyme!

Hey, this forum is not totally worthless - I believe you might eventually learn the difference between "later" and "latter!"
Are you trying to pull of the whole school teacher thing? We expect to see pictures with big librarian glasses. Oh wait, I have that picture you sent me.....
Attached Thumbnails
Females. . .hypothetical situation - do you go out with him?-monkey.jpeg  

Old 07-21-2009, 04:03 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Hypothetical situation/question. Does not relate to me in any way. Just curious on your thoughts because a friend of mine encountered a situation similar to this recently.

A man the age of 39 years old is interested in you. You work hard and are financially stable and have a nice place. The man works but is not as financially stable - lives in a trailer home - lives paycheck to paycheck. But he seems sweet. He would like to go out with you and asks you out on a Tuesday for a Saturday night and adds, "because that's after he gets paid and will have the money to take you out after it clears the bank after a deposit on Friday." The man refuses to allow you to pay for anything - he is not the go dutch type.

- Your thoughts on a man that says to to you?
- Are you turned off by him after he says this to you?
- Any other thoughts welcomed.

Sure guys, chime in. I know you wanna!

Uhh, If I was a 'successful woman', why would I lower my standards? I think relationship go better with people who are on the same ground WRT finances, disclosure, education.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:58 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Uhh, If I was a 'successful woman', why would I lower my standards? I think relationship go better with people who are on the same ground WRT finances, disclosure, education.

lol the big difference in men is most of the time when they see a woman who is hot it don't matter.

Guy sees a girl who is hot and talks to her and things seem to hit it off.He asks her where she works and she says I work at Burger king flipping burgers.More than likely after that disclosure the next thing he'll say is "so when do you get off work so we can go out?".

Oh sure some guys will post that that would turn them off but keeping it real the truth is with him being stired to craziness over her hotness or sexiness or what ever he won't give a frack if she flips burgers or is a lawyer,at least in the short term anyway.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Another Pink Floyd addict here (People think I'm nuts coz my favourite album is atom heart mother)
What happened with the Chiseled Chamataka...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are you trying to pull of the whole school teacher thing? We expect to see pictures with big librarian glasses. Oh wait, I have that picture you sent me.....
Eeeh, that picture is deceiving - it's from my young and beautiful days!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:53 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
lol the big difference in men is most of the time when they see a woman who is hot it don't matter.

Guy sees a girl who is hot and talks to her and things seem to hit it off.He asks her where she works and she says I work at Burger king flipping burgers.More than likely after that disclosure the next thing he'll say is "so when do you get off work so we can go out?".

Oh sure some guys will post that that would turn them off but keeping it real the truth is with him being stired to craziness over her hotness or sexiness or what ever he won't give a frack if she flips burgers or is a lawyer,at least in the short term anyway.
^^^ The truth... right from the horse's... err... lion's mouth!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:

That's what I've always believed as well, but I've seen quite a few salary range requirements in men's profiles. What's this world turning into, LK?!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:15 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's what I've always believed as well, but I've seen quite a few salary range requirements in men's profiles. What's this world turning into, LK?!

who knows what it is turning into,maybe some day a hot lady like jeepgirl or a hot lawyer lady like twinkle toes will fall for a middleclass working stiff....emphasis on stiff, LK guy like me.

But anyhoo the world is already alright for me why?Because I am king of my own thermostat again and it is at 73 degrees right now ahhhh!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
But anyhoo the world is already alright for me why?Because I am king of my own thermostat again and it is at 73 degrees right now ahhhh!
That thermostat! You might turn it up after you see the first bill. You might've forgotten what it looks like. But since you're not gonna pay a mortgage, you can freeze your butt to death if you wish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships