Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:41 AM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's what I've always believed as well, but I've seen quite a few salary range requirements in men's profiles. What's this world turning into, LK?!
You mean men requiring women to fall in certain salary ranges?
I've always gone the <no response> route on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:19 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
lol the big difference in men is most of the time when they see a woman who is hot it don't matter.

Guy sees a girl who is hot and talks to her and things seem to hit it off.He asks her where she works and she says I work at Burger king flipping burgers.More than likely after that disclosure the next thing he'll say is "so when do you get off work so we can go out?".

Oh sure some guys will post that that would turn them off but keeping it real the truth is with him being stired to craziness over her hotness or sexiness or what ever he won't give a frack if she flips burgers or is a lawyer,at least in the short term anyway.
There is truth in what you speak, maybe its the education that time provides that makes me think not so much. Maybe better said, that when I was 20, heck yeah, at 40 I take a second look.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:41 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
He might be okay. 1. He grasps the fact that he asked her out and therefore should pay - respect. 2. He is upfront as to why the date has to be on Saturday - honesty. 3. He is not intimidated by the apparent difference in their financial positions - confidence.

I'd tell your friend to give him a chance...
I agree with what he ^ said

Old 07-24-2009, 12:51 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
I agree with what he ^ said
I agree with what she ^ said

Old 07-24-2009, 12:52 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
I agree with what she ^ said
yes, and him ^ too

Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 PM

14 posts, read 26,223 times
Being 39, divorced and not living in a trailer, I would recommend following your heart.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:18 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
Ok, before i step up to my podium.. i will say that in THIS situation, JeepGirl's friend made the correct decision not to follow up with the guy.. That being said, i have to admit that the underlying topic here really hits a nerve..

Basically, whenever i hear a woman whine about a man "not" making enough$ to suit "her" desires.. i think of my 3 yr old niece who pulls this kind of bs to get her way..the whining and crying because her older sister got to do something..or my niece doesn't want to eat whats for dinner..Im sorry but thats all i visualize when i hear a woman complain that the man should be the breadwinner (puke,..it's 2009)..or that for a vacation to be comfortable would involve the man paying for some expensive/overpriced hotel...or what ever..Instead of simply appreciating the company..and say, camping somewhere on a Bahamian beach..."oh..but my hair will get all.." really..is that why we are going on a vacation to start with?.

Now..before the torches come flying,..let me add that the male version of my whiny niece is just as disgusting..as is my brother in law who coincidentally has a PHD...no!!! not a PHD!!..but he went to college..and two EXPENSIVE ones..and: Can't fix anything around their house, Decided to take a drive to Alberta while my PREGNANT sister with 3 daughters all under the age of 6 went on a trip to Florida..just because he diddn't want to go..Isn't going camping with them for two days this weekend..and works maybe 6-9 hours a week while my sister busts her === as a OB..

THIS makes me just as furious as all the women out there who will place a label on a guy simply because he doesn't have THE car, THE house, THE lifestyle..exactly when she thinks he should have it...

My Philosophy is: you want to stay in an expensive hotel when we go on vacation, YOU pay for it..Want a new pair of shoes..PAY for it.. If you aint' broken at the waist..and can still see, hear, walk and talk,..you better be out there bustin' your bee-hind just as hard as i am...because i am not here to provide you with UN necessary things...

Yes i have career goals..and will have some nice things as i attain and reach each intersection along this path..including a chunk of land or two..but i will have earned those things..and if someone would look at where im starting out at..and immediately pass me by.. then she has the issues, not me..My riches will come with determined ambition and a steady pace..not because i am entitled to them

There is someone just as physically attractive around who won't care that im going back to school at age 34..and will not have the job im aspiring towards right from the start..SHE will care that i don't abuse, cheat on, or try to use her..That i am respectful and responsible..a goof ball sometimes, and can change a flat..without blaming her for it going flat it the first place..or whining that it is raining and that i will ruin my pair of Jordans..

With everything that has commenced in the past year i would think that the obvious message would be heard by more people..im beginning to think that it will take a greater voice to humble those who are hard of hearing..

And more and more i am convinced to hide my real $ worth from anyone id meet.. as it accumulates and "appear" as that un-achieving "looser" so many women label a guy who isn't a Lawyer or Doctor until the right moment and then when i rid myself of this type of person, calmly pull out my bank statement and say "..guess you were right about me"

Again, an opinion is just that and it is good to have them..and yes, the person involved in the above situation did make the right decision by moving on..but i hear and see this attitude demonstrated so often that im completely fed up with it..

There is a song by Rob Zombie??..if i remember correctly, in which he rants about life's 3 ring circus bs he is fed up with..and that he is praying for "mom" to flush it all away..and put things back the way they otta' be..

In the end there will be no money,..no Vacations or 6" zebra skin heels..No super fast BMWs or Bentleys..or super sized hum-vs'..what the heck are you gonna do then?? complain that your hair is frizzled?..or your nails are chipped??..or that, god forbid,..you might have to get dirty (my Brother in law)..get a grip and stop complaining about such little things...enjoy your time together getting to know each other..even if it doesn't work out..every person we cross paths with has lessons to teach..or learn from one another.even the worst break up has things to teach (though i agree it would take some time to see it as a blessing)

Love is the ONLY reason people should marry..because IT is stronger than anything else..and ALWAYS wins...and in the end, will be the most valuable possession you will own..or have to offer.. So yes, follow your heart..and trust that it will not fail you..as long as you listen closely..Happiness isn't a stack of 100$ bills..It is the priceless moments spent with someone who loves "you"

Last edited by si33; 08-08-2009 at 04:29 AM..

Old 08-08-2009, 04:31 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,718 times
Hey, this is CD afterall. Every potential suitor should have a fleet of Ferraris and Bentleys, a 10,000 sq. ft. estate home, a private jet, yacht, and vacation homes on Maui and the French Riviera.

Some of these people here need to get real, your chances of landing a Donald Trump type of guy are slim to none.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:20 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,745 times
No.
1. If you're doing your thing you shouldn't be with someone who is not on your level......mental compatibility is off, you have different principles you live by.
2. Money does not dictate if you should date someone or not. Money is often a derivative of someone's mentality and prioritites in life. Now if he's short on money because he's working f/t and going to school or pursuing a trade to better himself then you might want to take a chance.
3. It is never a good sign for somone to feel comfortable as a man asking someone for money. Does this person have any pride or self respect.
****Be creative. Maybe you ask her to lunch in the park ($5 subway and a $7 bottle of wine with a blanket) which is better than hey I like you.......can I eat off of you.

I dated someone who once apologized that he didn't have the money he should but he was in school to better himself and working full time.

People make too many excuses in life and it drives me crazy. If you're broke, fix it. As a man you should feel embarrased and ashamed of yourself. You supposed to be leading the house and you can't do that in my wallet, sorry. I don't breast feed.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:37 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
No. Show me the posts where any CD woman is looking for a Donald Trump type to date and marry. All anyone is really asking for is a partner that can be their equal in a relationship, someone that has the same moral code and life goals that she does.

This 39 man living in a trailer living paycheck to paycheck is not a suitable boyfriend or husband for any woman that is financially stable, with a steady job and who owns a condo or house. Why on earth would she want to date such a parasite as this trailer park living man going on a date in short shorts and flip flops? And what about his conviction and house arrest? In marrying him, will her credit rating take a nose dive? She doesn't need an adult child in her life, she needs a productive mature man that has commonsense. Not someone that has no regrets and was happy to be under house arrest and having his friends visiting him all of the time.

What would change the situation entirely if he showed remorse for his past mistakes and was taking part time classes to get some better job skills. Or if he said that he was putting 20% of every paycheck aside in a saving account so he could turn his life around.

Just being nice is not enough. Not when this man is 39 years old. He's not a 20 year old any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Hey, this is CD afterall. Every potential suitor should have a fleet of Ferraris and Bentleys, a 10,000 sq. ft. estate home, a private jet, yacht, and vacation homes on Maui and the French Riviera.

Some of these people here need to get real, your chances of landing a Donald Trump type of guy are slim to none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships