Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:42 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,263 times

Advertisements

One must be careful when asking women this question, since they usually answer from the self-centered perspective of how the man makes them feel, and what he does for them. Little or no attention is given to what what more accurately reflects his true nature: His character outside of that woman-centered conceptual framework, i.e., what makes him a real man *without* any consideration for her.

Honesty, integrity, loyalty are used to describe real man, without placing them within a meaningful context. A man's integrity, honesty and loyalty will make a woman very unhappy if upholding them means not surrendering to her desires or opinions, e.g., when they conflict with his values, principles, and self-respect. A real man would prefer to lose a woman rather than compromise his values, dignity or self-respect and many women do not appreciate that, and will say he is not a real man (because he made her unhappy).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 06:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
A man they can control and tell what to do basically a simp is a real man to some women.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:19 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
A man they can control and tell what to do basically a simp is a real man to some women.
Lol

Old 04-27-2016, 06:45 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Arnold.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:35 AM

531 posts, read 384,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
a simp is a real man to some women.

Basically

Old 05-02-2016, 07:24 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
A real man is one who carries himself with dignity and respect; is kind and caring; not afraid to show a little emotion; generous, compassionate, and dutiful; and lastly, well-rounded.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
One that has honesty and integrity.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:41 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
One who can back up a trailer better than me.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:50 AM

458 posts, read 329,326 times
A " real man" ...
1. Protects my emotions and allows a safe place to lay my weary head.
2. He leads. He always has my best interest at heart. He considers me in all things.
3. He values me. He sets me apart. He enjoys my company.
4. He is a provider and a protector.
5. He does the right thing inspite of how it feels. He compels me to do better.
6. He is kind with his words and gently convicts me when I'm out of place.
7. He gives me a spanking when I need it. Rawr...
8. He's not afraid to show his feelings for me at any point in time.
9. He's passionate and stays true to himself.
10. He has the capacity to grow, mature, and humble himself.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:46 AM

346 posts, read 550,895 times
Hm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
A " real man" ...
1. Protects my emotions and allows a safe place to lay my weary head.
2. He leads. He always has my best interest at heart. He considers me in all things.
3. He values me. He sets me apart. He enjoys my company.
4. He is a provider and a protector.
5. He does the right thing inspite of how it feels. He compels me to do better.
6. He is kind with his words and gently convicts me when I'm out of place.
7. He gives me a spanking when I need it. Rawr...
8. He's not afraid to show his feelings for me at any point in time.
9. He's passionate and stays true to himself.
10. He has the capacity to grow, mature, and humble himself.
Hmmmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
One must be careful when asking women this question, since they usually answer from the self-centered perspective of how the man makes them feel, and what he does for them. Little or no attention is given to what what more accurately reflects his true nature: His character outside of that woman-centered conceptual framework, i.e., what makes him a real man *without* any consideration for her.

Honesty, integrity, loyalty are used to describe real man, without placing them within a meaningful context. A man's integrity, honesty and loyalty will make a woman very unhappy if upholding them means not surrendering to her desires or opinions, e.g., when they conflict with his values, principles, and self-respect. A real man would prefer to lose a woman rather than compromise his values, dignity or self-respect and many women do not appreciate that, and will say he is not a real man (because he made her unhappy).
I guess SomeGuyInFairfax wins this thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships