Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 04:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Unicorns.
There are many times where I feel as if I am one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

You ARE!!!! If you ever need references you can get a lot from the women of C-D!!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:43 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
It's my man who I consider to be a "Real Man".

He shows respect for his mother and other people.Not afraid to show his emotions when he needs to.He's never late paying his car,insurance,phone bill etc cause he knows the consequences that may hold for the future.He's not lazy and there's nothing sexier then a hard working man.He isn't the type of a person to be satisfied being dependent on someone else.He surprises me all the time and no need for any special occassion.It can be something as small as a Resses Peanut Butter cup or a Hersey bar because he knows that my favorite is chocolate.It's not the price or the size of the gift he gives me it's the thought that counts more to me than anything.

He loves me for who I am..flaws and all.He shares with me and he knows how to own up to his mistakes.He's not afraid to say "I'm sorry.

This is my man and I'm so proud to be his girl.Remember not all traits came with the package.I had to communicate and tell my man my feelings.He's in no way a mind reader.

I cannot stress enough how important it is for couples to communicate their feelings and expectations to each other. Your partner is not a mind reader so if he does something you really like, thank him for it so that he will be willing to do it again without you prompting him. The same goes for when he does something that upsets you. There is nothing worse than bottling up your emotions because it is inevitable that you will someday explode. Always remember to SPEAK UP because this could potentially be the person you spend the rest of your life with. Good luck!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:46 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
I think the real men are hiding out in C-D, and watching for the bat signal in the sky.
We hide in silence...Like Ninjas LOL!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You ARE!!!! If you ever need references you can get a lot from the women of C-D!!

lol thanks...I think?

Old 02-13-2012, 05:36 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Oh yea? Unicorns don't exist, hence my comparison about 'real men.' I don't think this is what you meant though. LOL.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:38 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Is it the GQ metrosexual type or the rugged blue collar worker?

My real man is my husband.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Oh yea? Unicorns don't exist, hence my comparison about 'real men.' I don't think this is what you meant though. LOL.
Yep. I knew what you were talking about.

I don't think anyone like myself truly exists in the world anymore. So, I believe I am a unicorn.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:51 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Yep. I knew what you were talking about.

I don't think anyone like myself truly exists in the world anymore. So, I believe I am a unicorn.

Haha. Well then I'm a unicorn too then (this isn't necessarily a good thing).

Old 02-13-2012, 06:11 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,025 times
I'm a guy and I'll answer this one.

A real man is one that is monogamous not because he is afraid of getting caught cheating or losing half of his stuff in a divorce but because he absolutely loves and adores the woman he is with and couldn't even think of being with another woman intimately.

A real man is one that loves and protects the woman he is with and treats her like a princess while being wise enough to know that as a human being she could never live up to the idealized and over-valued version of herself that he sees in his eyes, but makes her feel that way because she deserves it and he would never trade her for the world. He loves her despite any character flaws she might have and does so unconditinally. And not because he has to, but because he wants to.

A real man protects the woman he is with even though she might be capable of taking care of and protecting herself and realizes that his purpose in life while in a relationship with her is to evolve and become the man that she deserves to be with despite and and all flaws and imperfections he might percieve in himself.

And a real man that is also a wise man, is one that realizes that love never really lasts and if the point in time comes that she starts to wander and eventually leaves, he must ignore the very real and almost primitive male instinct to want to kill whatever guy got her attention and ultimately body and took away the most precious thing he ever held and be mature enough to realize that in order to truly love her, that it also includes letting her fly free whenever she decides that is time. And to conclude - in a situation like that. A real man does not betray the love he once had or claim to not love her anymore, but rather makes her memory and her life force that was once shared with him a part of his soul from that point forward, well into eternity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships