Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:41 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times

Advertisements

I've enjoyed some middle-age romance. It was with one slightly younger man ( and one MUCH younger whom I had thought of as just a friend - and two older men. I find men in their 50s and 60s to be more considerate as I believe we all are, hopefully, when we get to be this age. The younger man definitely wasn't as considerate. Physically, my personal experience has been as good, if not better. They were all decent, but I prefer being single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 PM

78,424 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Good post. I understand about the health issues. I could stand to lose about 20 pounds, but I'm working on it, running in races almost every weekend, and eating a lot better than I used to. My boyfriend on the other hand, needs to lose about 50 pounds and has a few other health issues; he also eats out every day and not at health food restaurants (I think his blood is made up of Hooter's buffalo wing sauce). I think he's great, but both his parents died at a young age (60s) and I'd like to keep him around longer than that.

My bf is one year older than I am (I'm 41). I generally prefer guys from 33 to about 45. I once dated a guy 12 years older and that just was never going to work. He had different goals than I did at that time (when I was 30 and he was 42).

Engage you bf in a healthier lifestlye, do active things etc. and encourage him. I should seriously post my before and after pic here. I'm 35lbs lighter than this time last year and 55lbs lighter than my heaviest right now. I should post my drivers license photo, security at O'hare gave me a major eyeball the last time I went through there.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 PM

78,424 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
Wow. Great answer. A lot to think about...
Yes it is a lot to digest. Basically, if you are newer on the market, the game changed since your 20's....completely. My last gf has been on and off market continously since her 20's (for a reason) and I learned a lot from her both good and bad. Current gf is MUCH better suited for me, she too was married a long time, early 20's, and is just in the past year or two came back on.

My suggestion is to talk to a lot of people and weigh their various perspectives. Also, get an idea of what you are looking for and CAREFULLY look at your dates track record. Take things slow, ease in, not to say be overly defensive etc. but know what you want and when you see it, jump on it.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
I'm 50 and have been living with my boyfriend for the last six years. The year before I met my boyfriend, I had several men interested in dating me. I think that as I've gotten older, I'm more relaxed and comfortable talking to strangers and meeting people. I'm not big on romantic dates. My have several hobbies, and I enjoy doing them in the company of friends.

If I were single now, I'd still not have any problem meeting interesting men to date. I also enjoy being alone with my pets. So maybe it helps that I don't come across as desperate for male company.

I've always gotten along well with men that are younger than I am. My boyfriend is 29... and I can't wait until he turns 30!!! And he knows it. lol. Otherwise, I tend to be attracted to men in their mid-30's. Men my age seem much older than me in looks. I do enjoy the company of older men, but not in a sexual way.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Been dating a 25 year old for over a year. Broke up with him a few weeks ago. Lots of issues going on to say the least. Prior I was with my xbf from 2000 to 2007, married for 12 years prior to that.

I'm actually happy doing my own thing but would love to have someone in my life with the vitality of the 25 year old as well as his heart but closer to my own age.

I exercise, am healthy & happy with myself, right now. I have great friends & never at a loss for something to do. I am currently redirecting my focus to me. I don't feel the need to be out looking for anyone, they usually find me first when I'm not looking.

Having been married, enjoyed it immensely & having had children, I like the idea of marriage but having been there & done it already, I know what the responsibilities entail & if I did it again that'd be great. If not, no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships