Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 08:42 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Got there at about 11 and left at 6ish. Total letdown. Schlitterbahn Galveston is nothing like the real one out in New Braunfels. Heck, Splashtown in Spring would have been more entertaining and a lot closer to home. There probably weren't more than 10 slides at that park.
Good to know. In general, Galveston probably doesn't care very much since it has that big ocean right next to it.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:48 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Got there at about 11 and left at 6ish. Total letdown. Schlitterbahn Galveston is nothing like the real one out in New Braunfels. Heck, Splashtown in Spring would have been more entertaining and a lot closer to home. There probably weren't more than 10 slides at that park.
Galveston, TX has got to be one of the most miserably humid places this Ca. boy has ever been.

I went there when I was 18 during the summer, I thought I was gonna die.

Man, you could slice the fricking air with a knife.

BTW, anyone else wonder why knife is spelled with a '"k"

Fricking English.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:55 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Do you ever read someone's post and think, I'd have the perfect comedic response, but unfortunately that response might get you banned.

Maybe it's just me.
Knope - Knot just you.
And I'm sorry...but I do knot know know why knife is spelled with a k. I only know my eyes are too tired to stay up and play on CD.
Maybe tomorrow knight. Bon soir.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:00 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Good to know. In general, Galveston probably doesn't care very much since it has that big ocean right next to it.
It's just not the same down there since Rita came through. None of the piers have been rebuilt yet.

Quote:
Galveston, TX has got to be one of the most miserably humid places this Ca. boy has ever been.

I went there when I was 18 during the summer, I thought I was gonna die.

Man, you could slice the fricking air with a knife.

BTW, anyone else wonder why knife is spelled with a '"k"

Fricking English.
Not the most attractive place in the world either. the water is brown and the sand is brown. you really have to get south of corpus christi before you start to see some nicer beaches in this state. South Padre island is absolutely beautiful though. Just got to avoid the man-o-wars the float onto the beach. Don't remember what time of year they show up, but when they do, look out.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
It's just not the same down there since Rita came through. None of the piers have been rebuilt yet.

Not the most attractive place in the world either. the water is brown and the sand brown. you really have to get south of corpus christi before you start to see some nicer beaches in this state. South Padre island is absolutely beautiful though. Just got to avoid the man-o-wars the float onto the beach. Don't remember what time of year they show up, but when they do, look out.
I heard you gotta watch out for the spring breakers out at Padre Island. About 11-13yrs ago, it was Palm Springs here in So Cal, where the spring break crowd went.

I'm proud to say I got arrested twice there in my silly youth. You know they say, it ain't a party til people get arrested.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
I'm proud to say I got arrested twice there in my silly youth. You know they say, it ain't a party til people get arrested.
Now I see why you were so disappointed when nobody got arrested at the party in your complex!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now I see why you were so disappointed when nobody got arrested at the party in your complex!
LOL, maybe you're right.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Yay! I just booked a trip to Siesta Key in two weeks. My first girl's weekend in, gee....at least 16 years.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, actually we were hoping some trouble would happen because the lady having the party is such a f ing busybody. She goes around all day poking her nose everywhere. She's on the board and thinks she's God.

I would've gotten an erection if someone would've gotten arrested.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,115 times
Quote:
I heard you gotta watch out for the spring breakers out at Padre Island. About 11-13yrs ago, it was Palm Springs here in So Cal, where the spring break crowd went.

Aint that the truth. I've had my fair share of close calls, but up to this point, I've never gotten into any serious trouble. Now if someone where to catch wind of my illicit operation in that dry county, things might get bad for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships