Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlitefromNC View Post
Men can 'laugh women into bed' with GSOH, say psychologists - Telegraph

When women demand something simple -- like, oh say, a sense of humor -- what many men do not realize is that it is that very something simple that could get them laid. Women tend to think of funny men as more intelligent than men who are more "serious".

A man who is focused on what women really want will read the above article and quit whining about something that women have evolved into wanting. It is rather common to want a funny man, and now, it appears that having a compatible sense of humor can make all the difference between an awesome date and a ho-hum one.
That point of view is all ass backwards.

I tried playing that card as the circus clown in my teens and twenties with women saying oh if you just did this and if you just did that then you could bed me. It's all bullsnooky.

Ultimately I am who I am and there are some women that find me totally hilarious and think I should be a comedian and others that don't think i'm funny at all. I don't play to an audience, whatever they find me as, that is who I am and if that doesn't work for them, then so be it.

What all this goes back to is what I stated previously that people think they can order up their dreamboat guy or gal like ordering a sandwich at a restaurant. It don't work that way in the real world when dealing with people.

Personally I don't buy all this gibberish about women "demanding" certain traits or qualities. To me a relationship is a mutual two way street. If they "demand" something from me, I better be getting something in return. This arrogant attitude that us men are they to wine and dine women at all cost for nothing in return but a bunch of bitchy attitudes don't fly with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
That point of view is all ass backwards.

I tried playing that card as the circus clown in my teens and twenties with women saying oh if you just did this and if you just did that then you could bed me. It's all bullsnooky.

Ultimately I am who I am and there are some women that find me totally hilarious and think I should be a comedian and others that don't think i'm funny at all. I don't play to an audience, whatever they find me as, that is who I am and if that doesn't work for them, then so be it.

What all this goes back to is what I stated previously that people think they can order up their dreamboat guy or gal like ordering a sandwich at a restaurant. It don't work that way in the real world when dealing with people.

Personally I don't buy all this gibberish about women "demanding" certain traits or qualities. To me a relationship is a mutual two way street. If they "demand" something from me, I better be getting something in return. This arrogant attitude that us men are they to wine and dine women at all cost for nothing in return but a bunch of bitchy attitudes don't fly with me.
You were funny right up to bullsnooky.......and then I glazed over!

Old 08-23-2009, 12:45 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
You were funny right up to bullsnooky.......and then I glazed over!
Hey that's ok, there's millions of other women out there.

I wish on dates you could sit in a Martin Baker zero zero ejection seat. When it gets too boring you don't even have to get up. All you have to do is pull the handles over your head or between your legs, explosive bolts blow the roof off the restaurant, rocket cartridges in the chair fire blasting you straight out of the place. All in 0.9 seconds. No more bland conversation or pantomime. Instead free to parachute to safety hopefully not landing in traffic of course.

The Martin Baker Mk.16 Escape System:

YouTube - Martin-Baker Aircraft Mk 16 ejection seat escape system

Old 08-23-2009, 12:55 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Hey that's ok, there's millions of other women out there.
Geez! Lighten up! I was only kidding around and besides bullsnooky is a cool word!

Quote:
I wish on dates you could sit in a Martin Baker zero zero ejection seat. When it gets too boring you don't even have to get up. All you have to do is pull the handles over your head or between your legs, explosive bolts blow the roof off the restaurant, rocket cartridges in the chair fire blasting you straight out of the place. All in 0.9 seconds. No more bland conversation or pantomime. Instead free to parachute to safety hopefully not landing in traffic of course.

The Martin Baker Mk.16 Escape System:

YouTube - Martin-Baker Aircraft Mk 16 ejection seat escape system

THAT ^ would be one of the reasons I'll never be an airforce pilot!

Couldn't you just say, "It's been lovely but I have to scream now"

Old 08-23-2009, 12:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
would you be interested in going out with me a 2nd time?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:07 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
just one way of saying must have a sense of humor or must not be totally serious all the time.
exactly!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships