Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:06 PM

238 posts, read 1,144,400 times

Advertisements

Susan use to be one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen. She looked like a model. She was constantly being asked out by all the guys at school. Once she graduated from college she was very successful in the glamours world of advertising and worked in some of the most sought after employers in New York. Her confidence matched her beauty. She was also so incredibly poised and confident. Susan had it all.

That was until she got cancer and one set back after another. Cancer changed the face and body of Susan. She now is incredibly heavy and her face is just ugly. Skin problems resulted from her cancer. (I do not want to be cruel, but it is true). I understand her husband and her are having troubles and her sex life is gone.

I wonder if I would still be able to have sexual relations with someone who was once beautiful but is now physically ugly. How would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 03:12 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
I don't And - I think this topic is horrible! How can you judge someone who's been ill?

Doesn't anyone go by what's inside a persons heart and soul? What's with the looks?

People change all the time. Looks fade - It's part of life!!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Susan use to be one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen. She looked like a model. She was constantly being asked out by all the guys at school. Once she graduated from college she was very successful in the glamours world of advertising and worked in some of the most sought after employers in New York. Her confidence matched her beauty. She was also so incredibly poised and confident. Susan had it all.

That was until she got cancer and one set back after another. Cancer changed the face and body of Susan. She now is incredibly heavy and her face is just ugly. Skin problems resulted from her cancer. (I do not want to be cruel, but it is true). I understand her husband and her are having troubles and her sex life is gone.

I wonder if I would still be able to have sexual relations with someone who was once beautiful but is now physically ugly. How would you do?
all the more reason to see that anyone you marry has a great personality you love forever b/c looks dont stay forever. long hair gets cut, eyes grow bags, and butts sag. fact of life: people get ugly someday.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post

That's pretty shallow. I would hate to think that after surviving a life-threatening disease I would be dumped because I wasn't hot anymore. What kind of a-hole does something like that?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 PM

8,306 posts, read 3,469,997 times
This thread reminds me of an old neighbor. This was like 10 yrs back ,when I was in school. There was this family, a couple and two kids, the husbands mother was living with them. Everything seemed perfect until the wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Her hair fell out . She grew weak and frail . In all of maybe 5 months she aged like 30 years. She who was so carefree and joyous all the time, I could see the pain in her eyes. She was elder to me,by about 15 years, and one day here she was with her kids at the park, she started crying and telling me how her husband wouldnt touch her or love her anymore, and how her mother in law thought she was nothing but a burden on them. She went on and on for an hour. I lent her a shoulder to cry on. Mind you, I didnt know her very well, so I could imagine how desperate she must have been to tell me the story of her life. Everytime I looked at her after that , I felt like crying. She died a few years later, the husband remarried within a year of her death. Everytime I saw him after that, I felt like going up and telling him what a selfish bastard he was . What a poor excuse of a husband !

Old 10-25-2007, 03:49 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
all the more reason to see that anyone you marry has a great personality you love forever b/c looks dont stay forever. long hair gets cut, eyes grow bags, and butts sag. fact of life: people get ugly someday.
Yep, and some go bald, get beer bellies, and lose the ability to function sexually.

And I agree, shallow, nativeDallasite.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:55 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
This thread reminds me of an old neighbor. This was like 10 yrs back ,when I was in school. There was this family, a couple and two kids, the husbands mother was living with them. Everything seemed perfect until the wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Her hair fell out . She grew weak and frail . In all of maybe 5 months she aged like 30 years. She who was so carefree and joyous all the time, I could see the pain in her eyes. She was elder to me,by about 15 years, and one day here she was with her kids at the park, she started crying and telling me how her husband wouldnt touch her or love her anymore, and how her mother in law thought she was nothing but a burden on them. She went on and on for an hour. I lent her a shoulder to cry on. Mind you, I didnt know her very well, so I could imagine how desperate she must have been to tell me the story of her life. Everytime I looked at her after that , I felt like crying. She died a few years later, the husband remarried within a year of her death. Everytime I saw him after that, I felt like going up and telling him what a selfish bastard he was . What a poor excuse of a husband !
That's horrible.

My mother's breast cancer did the opposite for my father; it made him realize how much he loved her and how he didn't want to go through life without her. Their marriage is much stronger now than it was before she got cancer. I guess not all men are selfish bastards like that man, but too many of them are unfortunately.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:03 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,593 times
I would wonder if "Susan's" marriage is having problems from a variety of areas? I would certainly hope to goodness that her husband wasn't rejecting her because of her physical changes. I think it's very shallow and immature to even think that someone has turned "physically ugly". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder first of all. Secondly, if you love someone, how on earth could you not feel an emotional connection that kept you bonded physically if nothing else? If Susan's husband is turning away from her because of the reasons you suggest, she's better off single!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:46 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Guys...is all they think about is sex?

Old 10-25-2007, 04:58 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,026 times
Wow, without going into details...there is an awful lot about me physically that my husband probably never dreamed of when he was 23 and I was 22! He still loves me!
We're not talking one night stands here, for goodness sake...this is your spouse, for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, you know the rest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships