Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:55 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,296,017 times

Advertisements

Tonight. All I can say is F*CK. I'm in a god damned soap opera, and it's escalating to the bizarre level. Actually, it's probably already there. Days of Our Lives has nothing on my a$$.

You can entertain yourself in my other thread about my current relationship woes. Sucks to be me - and I bet many readers feel the same about themselves, so we can all have a mega-suckage party.

Tonight I went to my local watering hole. My wife is at her Dads place. There's a couple there that I've known for the better part of my 15 years going there (my wife knows them too). Our friendship has grown over the years. They just came back from vacation, so she texted me asking me to come out and have a drink (we both live under 10 minutes from this place). The wife of this couple works for me...I hired her. She needed a job at the time, and I needed a position filled. An important one - office manager. Her resume fit what I needed. We respect each other. I trust her in my professional life. We love each other as best friends. We have a deep connection. I also love and respect her husband.

Houston, we have a problem.

Came to realize tonight our connection and attraction is even deeper than I thought. It's undeniably there for both of use. Great f*cking timing, when my guard is down. And I come to find out they are having eerily similar problems in their marriage (4 years)....REALLY eerily similar. She randomly shared a soul mate poem tonight with me, not knowing my predicament, but yet feeling she did - that "connection". She's always felt her husband was her soul mate, and I feel the same way about my wife, so the timing was, well, creepy. And we've had that connection before. Sh*t.

I love my wife, which is something that will never go away. Our current problems run deeper than love. I believe my friend/co-worker/employee loves her husband. But her differences with her husband are running parallel to my current issues. Coincidence? And we also think to the same emotional depths which is scary on its own.

So here I am at this intersection in my life, 33 years of marriage in my pocket, and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever be more f*cking confused.

....and nothing has ever happened between us.

Last edited by metalmancpa; 12-12-2014 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 08:21 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,760,090 times
Midlife crisis. It will pass.

In the meantime, please try to realize that this "connection" you have and all the "eerie similarities" are most likely a fantasy cooked up by your foggy, andropausing libido.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:59 PM

Ok. No one will ever admit they've had these feelings ever?

This isn't a fantasy, you'll just have to take my word on it. It's reality - we both know it, especially from tonight's conversation. Yet we both know the "reality" is in check. Just weird timing to even have these feelings, that's all.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:05 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
I can honestly say I have never had those feelings for someone I was not married to or in a relationship with.
I think the only reason there is a perceived connection is you are having a wee bit of difficulty in your marriage at the moment. Once that gets settled between you and your wife your "connection" with the other woman will be gone and you will wonder why you ever thought there was some sort of connection in the first place.
Just keep your hands to yourself and continue to work things out with your wife, you will be glad you put forth the effort toward your marriage.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I can honestly say I have never had those feelings for someone I was not married to or in a relationship with.
I think the only reason there is a perceived connection is you are having a wee bit of difficulty in your marriage at the moment. Once that gets settled between you and your wife your "connection" with the other woman will be gone and you will wonder why you ever thought there was some sort of connection in the first place.
Just keep your hands to yourself and continue to work things out with your wife, you will be glad you put forth the effort toward your marriage.
All I can say is we've had this "connection" for several years, before she was married and when I was in a happier place. Yes, our parallel current situations only amplifies it all. I just found it somewhat humorous tonight after we talked. It all sounded so surreal, and I think she feels the same way.

Hands will most definitely be kept to myself. I would or could never commit an act of adultery inside my marriage, no matter how bad it is. And I don't believe she could either. I have a little more respect for myself than that, and am not ashamed to admit those thoughts got into my head. It's just that our conversation tonight had impeccable timing, or was born from our lives intersecting at a point in time.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:26 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,101,831 times
Wait a minute.

Did you discuss your current situation with her?

In detail? (sexting)

Because that's gonna get you in trouble.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:30 PM

Nope. No details. She just knows I'm out of sorts. I will not share that info with anyone other than a therapist.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:36 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,101,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Nope. No details. She just knows I'm out of sorts. I will not share that info with anyone other than a therapist.
Be careful.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,030,056 times
So you only met the WIFE at the bar, not both of them??

If you work together, you have a BIG problem.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:51 PM

Husband and wife. Honestly, my whole OP was from a conversation we had and a realization. We both know we're close friends with an attraction that will never consummate under the current situations in our lives. Nor will it have any effect on our own marriages. It was to both of us an oddly timed thing, that's all. I see no problems coming from this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships