Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 01:36 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
whenever i have given unconditional love, i quickly found my jacket covered in size 6 muddy footprints.
LOL! And funds gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
whenever i have given unconditional love, i quickly found my jacket covered in size 6 muddy footprints.
Hi Huckleberry3911948,

This may be the case for you. However consider the average man having unconditional love for a supermodel. Often times it is unconditional after other conditions have been met. Is it really unconditional? I recall talking with my friend's wife when I was at their house. She explained to me how many single men would seek very attractive women. Her complaint was they were themselves lacking attractive qualities. Is singleness the case of a 5 wanting a 6 or a 7? How long would an 8 stay on the marriage market if they would settle for a 5?

Old 09-01-2009, 02:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Huckleberry3911948,

This may be the case for you. However consider the average man having unconditional love for a supermodel. Often times it is unconditional after other conditions have been met. Is it really unconditional? I recall talking with my friend's wife when I was at their house. She explained to me how many single men would seek very attractive women. Her complaint was they were themselves lacking attractive qualities. Is singleness the case of a 5 wanting a 6 or a 7? How long would an 8 stay on the marriage market if they would settle for a 5?
to be on topic, yes dorothy and auntie emm --its true, unemployed losers do get dates.
as to your comment
you could be right, it could be all about me.
ask anybody, everybody says so--- quick as a wink.
but there is a jilted millionaires club alive and well on CDF. fit healthy smart affluent, good hygiene 50 to 60.
and i personally know whole lota 50ish gals hangin out at the dances, looking for george clooney w/ bill gates's money --screamin affirmations,-- im a 10 im a 10.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:59 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
to be on topic, yes dorothy and auntie emm --its true, unemployed losers do get dates.
as to your comment
but there is a jilted millionaires club alive and well on CDF. fit healthy smart affluent, good hygiene 50 to 60.
and i personally know whole lota 50ish gals hangin out at the dances, looking for george clooney w/ bill gates's money --screamin affirmations,-- im a 10 im a 10.
Hi Huckleberry3911948,

Of course. I hear ya. Over priced goods stay on the shelf and under priced goods are snapped up. The joke is: the goal of marriage is to have your spouse have doubts about doing a little better because then you clearly did as well as you could. A recent divorce by a co-worker reminded me that that was something going well and I needed something light for a change after the doom and gloom of the econ forum. Its still economics here though.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:04 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I hope he pays you back. You are not married to him, why would you lend him money? Three months into a relationship? I'm always shocked at the things women do because they are afraid to be alone. Why would you give a man money?
So let me get this straight: if the shoe is on the other foot -- that is, if it's the WOMAN that gets laid off, and turns to her boyfriend for TEMPORARY financial support until she gets back on her financial feet -- would you require HER to pay HIM back? OR are you simply acting out on the conveniently feminist mentality?

You know, women have been fully financially supported by their men for many, many years. I think it's only fair that, since we women now have more "equal footing", that we actually embrace such equality and "pay back" when there comes a time that her boyfriend is in dire need of financial assistance.

If you want to be in equal footing as men, you have to do your part also, and "pay 'em bills" when his side of financial footing is down.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:19 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
My last girlfriend had been waiting for disability to come in for years. Immediately after moving in with her (at her friend's house), I started paying one third of the rent, and taking over her expenses from her friends. It was my duty to do so, as her boyfriend, to provide for her support. No reason for her friends to continue to do so.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:27 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
If you want to be in equal footing as men, you have to do your part also, and "pay 'em bills" when his side of financial footing is down.
But 3 months into a relationship? That doesn't sound right. I guess it would depend on the individuals involved. Btw, my having the right to work based on my abilities, an education, a voice, etc, doesn't hinge upon any compassion I may or may not give to a man. Be clear on that.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
Quote:
as to your comment
Agreed! A Man has to be employed, make big bucks and then maybe get the time of day.

(Turning on my sarcastic switch) But wait! Do you know something? We Men are so screwed up because we're not millionaires so what's the matter with us?.....Oh yeah we're considered broke cheap losers. Don't you know it's a Man's job to supply every itsy-bitsy thing a female wants and then some? Also we men have to have a crystal ball so to monitor her new material wants so men can purchase before she says it. Also he has to perform perfectly in bed or else she may after all your $$$ investment, time, and love towards her will look out for a replacement. We gotta "Man-up" and kick it up a million or so notches. Feminism assures that their rights are kept and increased while Men have no rights under the laws. If that's not enough when they file for divorce they get a huge chunk of your hard earned $$$, assets plus Child....oooops I mean Mommy support for 18 plus years while she applies for increased payments in that time frame. There's more but I don't want to offend (cough-cough) the more than some in this forum and the millionaires club so I'll stop here.

I'll say this again: I haven't been burned and I don't hate anyone - just heavily dislike what a select amount of females do to men in many different facets. I'm not speaking about the "Bad Men" either who probably have it coming to them, just the average great hard working caring loving man who has got shafted a million plus ways. Don't believe me? Google it and take your time - you'll find it.

IMO: So the only way out for men who want to live life without all of this headache is to do it on your terms away from the fematrix.

Sincerely: So very sorry to the good women, it's not really your fault as the rest have compromised your visibility to Men.

Men ARE learning this one at a time.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:05 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times
Should completely broke and unemployed men be dating?

No, broke and unemplyed men should just pack away their balls and pickel them in a mason jar in their grandmas basement. That way we never have to worry about such scum reproducing.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Men have been supporting women for years. Perhaps, in their drive to be "equal" they should turn it around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships