Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Children?
NO kids 223 72.88%
Don't mind 83 27.12%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times

Advertisements

You know, even though my husband definitely paid his child support (and willingly, because he loves his son and wouldn't dream of skipping out on any obligation toward him), I knew that indirectly I was paying - because less money in the whole till is just that - less money for the marriage, the couple, savings, vacations, goals, retirement, etc.

Oh well, that chapter of our life is over. Now, I no longer have to work full time, and I still have a great husband and stepson - and the ex wife is still, well...herself. Yes, she is totally stuck with herself.

But I do not blame people at ALL who do not wish to burden their lives with someone else's children or prior relationship issues. It's a personal choice. I felt, after raising four teenagers, that I had the fortitude to deal with it - and my husband was worth it because we saw eye to eye on child rearing issues. But that's a tricky balance to find - and some people never find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 03:45 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,905,362 times
The difference is that I've been both, single without kids and single with kids and unless someone has had kids, then how could they possibly know what I mean when I say it's a different kind of love. I myself don't wish to date anyone of any age that wants to have children because I do not wish to have more. That's more of a physical, financial, and time issue more than not "wanting" more. I can't tell you how many times I've been told off by people online, without children, when I tell them I do not want more and I don't want to waste time with someone that does.

My problem is with people that say it isn't an issue, take time to get to know me and possible meet my kids, and then it not work out. It hurts the kids more than just being upfront.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,562,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
The difference is that I've been both, single without kids and single with kids and unless someone has had kids, then how could they possibly know what I mean when I say it's a different kind of love. I myself don't wish to date anyone of any age that wants to have children because I do not wish to have more. That's more of a physical, financial, and time issue more than not "wanting" more. I can't tell you how many times I've been told off by people online, without children, when I tell them I do not want more and I don't want to waste time with someone that does.

My problem is with people that say it isn't an issue, take time to get to know me and possible meet my kids, and then it not work out. It hurts the kids more than just being upfront.
It's a different kind of love. However, you originally said it's not true love unless you have kids. THAT'S what I call BS on. I don't really care about the other crap.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:53 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,905,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
It's a different kind of love. However, you originally said it's not true love unless you have kids. THAT'S what I call BS on. I don't really care about the other crap.
Okay then whatever lol. I really don't see what wording has to do with anything, but I think, no I'm pretty sure, most people knew what I meant.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,485,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I am separated and have two little ones. Obviously from reading here, some people REALLY don't want to date any one that already has children. So I want to know how many people actually feel that way.

Also, what if I don't want any more children, would that deter some people to the point of not wanting to date?

I've known a few people actually that have their own kids, but outright REFUSE to date any one with kids of their own.
What is that about anyway?
Men who refuse to date women with kids usually relent and change their minds when they get a little older. The reason is simple mathematics. The great majority of women over 30 have kids. If a man in his 30s, 40s or older refuses to date women with kids, he usually finds his dating pool dwindle to nearly nothing pretty fast.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:13 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Men who refuse to date women with kids usually relent and change their minds when they get a little older. The reason is simple mathematics. The great majority of women over 30 have kids. If a man in his 30s, 40s or older refuses to date women with kids, he usually finds his dating pool dwindle to nearly nothing pretty fast.
Or he is dating a 23 year old. That would get cumbersome real quick.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:38 PM

22,354 posts, read 29,470,487 times
I'm too selfish, I like to be spontaneous, I don't want to deal with any ex baby momma drama

Old 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,699,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm too selfish, I like to be spontaneous, I don't want to deal with any ex baby momma drama
You're a terrible human being.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:22 PM

22,354 posts, read 29,470,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
You're a terrible human being.

LOL than so be it..But I'm free to be a terrible human being

Old 09-24-2012, 01:24 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,699,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
LOL than so be it..But I'm free to be a terrible human being
Indeed, cheers to you. However, you are a terrible human being. You're obligated to only date single parents haven't you heard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships