Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times

Advertisements

I just had an old boyfriend find me on facebook and try to add me as a friend. I was absolutely HORRIFIED.

This guy was like a couch that I had to drag around from one place to another. He was a lazy, good for nothing who depended on everyone else to do things for him. And when I broke up with him, he had the NERVE to pull out the DSMV and tell me that I had a personality disorder and that's why I broke up with him. He was even reading to me out of the manual. What an idiot. Completely incapable of seeing his part in anything.

After I dumped him like a piece of old furniture, like a child, he completely disappeared from my life and I never knew where he went and never heard from him again for decades, until now when he tries to befriend me on facebook. I almost threw up when I saw his name. Of course, I hit the "ignore" button.

Has this happened to anyone else? Ghosts from the past coming back to haunt you on FaceBook?

W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post

This guy was like a couch that I had to drag around from one place to another. He was a lazy, good for nothing who depended on everyone else to do things for him. And when I broke up with him, he had the NERVE to pull out the DSMV and tell me that I had a personality disorder and that's why I broke up with him. He was even reading to me out of the manual. What an idiot. Completely incapable of seeing his part in anything.

What's DSMV?

Edit: I looked it up.

Okay, now that I know what that is. I'd respond to his friend request with a "sorry, I'm still crazy"...

Last edited by MIKEETC; 09-08-2009 at 09:56 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Your boyfriend was the opposite of mine. Mine took out the DSMV and tried pointing out all the mental disorders "he" might have. Funny how they all take out the DSMV at some point.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Your boyfriend was the opposite of mine. Mine took out the DSMV and tried pointing out all the mental disorders "he" might have. Funny how they all take out the DSMV at some point.
Mine was being overly dramatic. He said that he read about me in the DSMV II and started weeping because it was such a horrible, sad disease for me to have. And the way he figured it, clearly my personality disorder was why I dumped him, not his obesity, laziness, fiscal responsibility, propensity toward drink, or complete inability to take care of himself.

Truth: I dumped him because he had bad breath and I was completely disgusted and turned off by him. I couldn't even believe I'd ever hooked up with him to begin with. Still can't believe it to this day, thus my horror in seeing his friend invite on FaceBook.

W.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,891 times
Quote:
I just had an old boyfriend find me on facebook and try to add me as a friend. I was absolutely HORRIFIED.

After I dumped him like a piece of old furniture, like a child, he completely disappeared from my life and I never knew where he went and never heard from him again for decades, until now when he tries to befriend me on facebook. I almost threw up when I saw his name. Of course, I hit the "ignore" button.

Has this happened to anyone else? Ghosts from the past coming back to haunt you on FaceBook?

W.
I'm not on Facebook, but I did have a ghost of boyfriends past enter in my life at a crucial time.

I find that when you take a look years down the lane, and view when they entered, what was going on your life at the time? DH and I were newly engaged with one year left to go before our big day. Boyfriend from highschool #2 paid the fee for classmates.com to get my e-mail address and began cyber stalking me.

I admit I was interested why the fascination with me after all those years, so I gave him my number so we could chat.

He was the same old pompus *******, full of himself, and cut me down within the first 10 minutes of our conversation. Ahh, a quiet reminder of why I left him back in the day, and I was immediately reassured that DH was the one and only for me.

I had to ask though, "why do you even think of me after all these years?"

he told me he thought about me a lot and how much of a good catch I was, and he was stupid to let me go. Well, um, ya, unless you shackle me to your bedchamber, I was headed out the door fast away from your pompas ass anyway, so you keep dreaming buddy.

He also told me to ditch my fiance and come to him, 2000 miles up there. I said, "for what? Slavery in the hills, part 2? No thanks." He just wouldn't take the hint here, and kept bugging me. Next thing I know, DH comes in and hears me getting testy on the phone to him. DH takes the phone away and says,

"Ok. You got to talk with her, catch up on old times, and now it's time to go. Please don't bother us any more, we are getting married soon, and then I get to put my husband duty cap on, and I won't be so nice. When she's my wife, I use a bigger bat." He hung up. LOLOL

I love you sweety!!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:21 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,493 times
hahaha
any of my x's know better then to facebook me
i also keep my f.b. and myspace private cause a couple of them are allways looking at mine.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:33 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I keep my FB pretty private and only give it out to people I know or want to have it. Otherwise, you can't find me by looking for me. I've had others try at work and they are like, "I can't find you on FB" to which I just tell them that's how I like it. LOL
One time when I first started and wasn't saavy to the ways of privacy, an ex did try to add me and I ignored his request. Problem solved LOL

Old 09-09-2009, 06:45 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:

Yup. One of the worst dudes in school. Never liked him. We didn't hang out at all, but he hung with some pals of mine. Guy is still up to his old tricks to this day. Got to love the option to ignore!

W.
Yup. One of the worst dudes in school. Never liked him. We didn't hang out at all, but he hung with some pals of mine. Guy is still up to his old tricks to this day. Got to love the option to ignore!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:50 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

Of course, I hit the "ignore" button.

W.
Why would this bother you when it's so simple to ignore it?

I don't have my profile as searchable, so I don't get "looked up". Works great.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
It doesn't bother me to have old boyfriends as contacts on networking sites, provided I'm on polite terms with them, which I am with about 99% of my exes.

I have a few on my facebook list, but it's more out of nosiness, to be honest, than a huge desire to connect, reconnect, or stay in any kind of real contact. One guy, though, does seem to want to pop up and chat every time he exits another relationship and is mopey. I have the sense that he sees me as "the one who got away" in retrospect, but, really, back in the day, he dumped me, and not particularly nicely (it's long enough ago that it's not a raw wound or anything, though, and I'm in a happy, stable relationship). I'll admit that it gives me a tiny amount of gleeful satisfaction that everytime he's trying to dump his woes on me, it's pretty visible to him that I'm in a good relationship. Little bit of karma. Sometimes, living well is the best revenge. Particularly when the other person isn't.

But, like I said, I mainly added him because I was nosy...not because we're such good friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships