Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 07:35 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,757,385 times

Advertisements

I learned from past experience to watch how someone treats others, because that's how they are going to eventually treat you, once their early relationship good behavior wears off.

So I met up with a lady for lunch and she was about 30 mins late. No big deal if that happens occasionally. We can't all control parking, traffic and maybe getting lost.

She said she had an appointment at 4:00 and had to leave at 3:00 to get there. So at 3:15 or so, she realized that she better get going and it's really going to take more than an hour. I asked if she was going to give them a text or a call to let then know she will be late. She hadn't thought that that would be necessary and only text to say she would be late because I suggested it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 07:37 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,306,860 times
Was this the first time you met up with her or is she someone you know pretty well? I'm just asking because maybe the "appointment" was an easy out for her to leave but she ended up wanting to stay...

Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,175,278 times
depends on what the appointment is for

i been to the dentist, showed up nice and early and had to wait like 40 minutes beyond my appointmnent time to get started

eff that dude he aint getting a call if im running late

id give her some more time to see how things go if you like her

Old 06-18-2011, 07:47 PM

ok, i'm maybe being paranoid. i did have an ex that was super flaky with friends when i met her. she's say yes to plans, then not show up. it was odd. but for me she wanted to see me every day. then months later, she turned weird flaky to me, just like she treated everyone else. she could just say "no, i'm busy" but would instead say "yes' and not follow through.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Was this the first time you met up with her or is she someone you know pretty well? I'm just asking because maybe the "appointment" was an easy out for her to leave but she ended up wanting to stay...

she's new. actually i dropped her at the appointment, so it was real.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:19 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,551,522 times
It's either "a little" or "too". Can't use both in the same sentence. But yes, she's sounds flaky.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
It's either "a little" or "too". Can't use both in the same sentence. But yes, she's sounds flaky.

i know. i guess you got to take the good with the bad. she has a lot of good qualities also. no one is perfect. i'll see how it goes.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:06 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,316,800 times
It's a little too early to tell yet FelixTheCat......

Old 06-19-2011, 04:48 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I learned from past experience to watch how someone treats others, because that's how they are going to eventually treat you, once their early relationship good behavior wears off.

So I met up with a lady for lunch and she was about 30 mins late. No big deal if that happens occasionally. We can't all control parking, traffic and maybe getting lost.

She said she had an appointment at 4:00 and had to leave at 3:00 to get there. So at 3:15 or so, she realized that she better get going and it's really going to take more than an hour. I asked if she was going to give them a text or a call to let then know she will be late. She hadn't thought that that would be necessary and only text to say she would be late because I suggested it.

She was late for you and then late for her next appointment? Meh. Some people have a cavalier relationship with time. While I am quite prompt, I realize most others are not. Either I can adjust, or be pissed with most of my friends and aquaintances.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:28 PM

37,720 posts, read 46,158,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
ok, i'm maybe being paranoid. i did have an ex that was super flaky with friends when i met her. she's say yes to plans, then not show up. it was odd. but for me she wanted to see me every day. then months later, she turned weird flaky to me, just like she treated everyone else. she could just say "no, i'm busy" but would instead say "yes' and not follow through.
I think you are putting the cart WAY before the horse. Putting every behavior of your dates under the microscope is beyond paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships