Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,647,952 times

Advertisements

A Momma bird and a Poppa bird were in their nest, discussing Junior's first encounter with a girly-bird.

“I'll tell ya,” rumbled Poppa bird, “no son of mine is gonna' get all worm and cozy with some chickadee”. Momma bird frowned and replied “I know, dear, but Robin is becoming a real chicken hawk. Just the other day, he asked if I could sparrow few dollars for his next date - I think it was with that little dodo down the street”.

“That little peahen? She's bat her eyes at every drake in town”, Poppa spit.

Just then Robin flew in and settled down at the table, his face thrush with excitement. “Mom, Dad, you know what I've been heron? That the Cardinal was caught with a myna!” He exploded in laughter at his own joke, not seeing the tern the conversation was about to take...

“Son, your Mother and I have taken a gander at this new chick of yours, and...well...” Poppa fumbled for words. Momma picked up with, “Sweetheart, it isn't that we don't want you to seagulls...but the fact is, wren you were out the other night, Poppa and I decided that you really should duck this girl...she's trouble, honey...”

“NO! No, I will NOT duck her! In fact, we're lovebirds! How hard is THAT to swallow?” He jumped up from the table, starting to flap his way back outside, when Poppa fluttered in front of him. “No little titmouse is going to make a turkey out of my son!” he bellowed. “Wren you weren't even an egg in my eye, I was swift - I was the c**k of the walk. I-” he paused to hawk up some phlegm, then continued - “I have no egrets, son. I know this girlfriend of yours has seen a cockatoo, and owl be damned if I'll let you get a broken wing from her!”

Robin didn't even finch at his father's harsh words. “No, Dad - I dove her - I really do dove her! She's my condor girl, and we'll keep pigeon woo like we always have!” Momma craned her neck but sat still on her perch, preferring to let Poppa handle this.

“She's an albatross around your neck, son - she's driving you cuckoo, turning you into a big sapsucker!” Poppa pleaded, but Robin only owled with anger. “I don't care if I become the blackbird of this family - in fact, you're not my parrots anymore!” With that, Robin flew the coop, leaving Momma and Poppa stunned.

Poppa sighed. “I guess I was too eagle to keep him a child”, he muttered regretfully. “Oh, Poppa”, Momma consoled him. “Maybe it's our swan song - after all, we can't cage him forever”.

Poppa hugged her and whispered, “But I'll always be your peacock, if you'll always be my hen”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships