Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:31 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,589,059 times

Advertisements

First Off: Happy Birthday!

I'm so very sorry of what happened.

It must of been a total shock and mess.

I hope that they'll be sufficient justice in one way or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,414,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
First Off: Happy Birthday!
Oops...shame on me! Where are my manners!?! I forgot that part!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 01:38 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,655,169 times
Well, Happy Birthday (is it really your bday??) and regarding this horrible event. You can live in the best place on earth and still have this violation happen - it sucks for sure. I do feel your pain. I think the reason you are wondering if the two things are connected (inviting new people and the burglary) is because at this point, the event really has your mind buzzing and not that you are being paranoid but more or less you are looking at every angle for answers. I would hope and pray that this wasn't the case but my God, that would be really effed up if those new people had something to do with this.

You did the right thing with new deadbolts and security but it's going to take some time before you attempt to even get over this. I'm always worried about our house - like you we live in a nice area but, the barn on our property (we rent) is a shareboard and there are always people there I don't recognize, they see it's a nice place, nice cars outside and we don't have locks on our garages, we have a lot of nice and expensive toys & tools in the garage. (good thing no one knows where I live LOL) but seriously, we have a lot fo expensive stuff and I worry everytime I see some shady people walking around our property. I'm with you on that!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 01:41 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,903,876 times
Yes, shame on me too. Happy Birthday, lionking!

Maybe you should also consider getting a dog that is either big or has an annoying bark. If you had had a dog, perhaps those cowardly buttheads wouldn't have dared enter your house.

Also, maybe motion-detector porch and backyard lights for those moon-less nights?

Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,022,861 times
The expletives are bouncing around in my head like a pinball machine. That sucks! I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope they get caught and fast, and you get your stuff back. I once got mine back. It can happen.

I'm reluctant to say this but....happy birthday.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,415,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How pro of a job was it? Meaning how clean the break-in, did they take junk and leave good stuff?

This MIGHT be an indication as to whom did it...punk kids\bangers or more serious thieves etc. My money would be on a couple young guys just from the sound of things. (What pro would try to pick a safe lock with a random chunk of wire?)

With that said, perhaps just wander through some pawn shops in the area and see if you spot your guitars? Check craigslist\ebay and see if your guitars pop up? A little leg work could seriously pay off.

Already have been monitoring the shops and craigslist.Yes they took cheaper stuff while leaving more expensive stuff my amp head vs the TV for example.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Well, Happy Birthday (is it really your bday??) some shady people walking around our property. I'm with you on that!!!

this happened Friday day time,my birthday was Sat.I didn't feel much like celebrating.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:12 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,562,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
this happened Friday day time,my birthday was Sat.I didn't feel much like celebrating.
So sorry, LK. Happy belated birthday. I hope you can find a way to celebrate, even if it is late.

Have you checked the pawn shops in the area?

Old 09-24-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
So sorry, LK. Happy belated birthday. I hope you can find a way to celebrate, even if it is late.

Have you checked the pawn shops in the area?

I spent part of Sat and Sun doing so,guitar shops and pawn.The problem with pawn is usualy they wait 30 days before displaying any item.However their data base is checked by police often.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:05 PM

The s***head mother ******* who did it are in deep now, spent Saturday looking for my stuff and found one of my guitars at a pawnshop.

So today I let the cops know and hopefully this leads back to my other stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships