Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:08 PM

268 posts, read 817,374 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that when speaking to a women, one on one for the first time, they will with in about 5 minutes mention if they have a bf, husband or ex male friend. But if she doesn't, could she be gay? I've known and worked with two lesbians, both of them fit the non mention m.o. They both eventually told me they were gay, they were both hesitant to admit it as they thought I came across as rather conservative, I am not. My looks are deceiving and in reality, I'm very open minded. Both of the confirmed lesbians were quite attractive women, not masculine at all, wore make up and jewelry. They just never looked or talked about men, even with other women. I was just wondering as I know this one girl that in the nine months I've known her she has not once mentioned anything about dating, old boy friends, "guys", nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 03:14 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Perhaps she just doesn't define herself by her relationship status. I know a lot of people who do, it can be annoying sometimes.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:15 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I don't know about everyone but I'm not a lesbian and I don't volunteer my relationship status that quickly. I figure if I just met you, it's none of your business. Or if you really want to know, you will ask.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:33 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Drunk sittin at the bar....in walks a beautiful woman....drunk hits on her....she shuts him down and says...'sorry, I"m a lesbian"
Drunk says "What's a lesbian"
Woman says "Well, all I think about is making love to women"
Drunk says...."WOW, I"m a lesbian too."

Old 10-03-2009, 03:35 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Funny. My newphew told his mom that he thought I was lesbian because I was not married by my mid-20's. Where do people get these ideas? It's like if you don't fit the conventional mold, there must be something "different" about you.

Maybe this girl just doesn't have anything to talk to you about from that area of her life. I knew a guy for quite a few months who had a live in GF that I knew nothing about. Some people are more private than others and some are simply hiding something. Who cares either way?

Old 10-03-2009, 03:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Perhaps she just doesn't define herself by her relationship status. I know a lot of people who do, it can be annoying sometimes.
It is annoying indeed, when the woman brings the "boyfriend" up in the first 5 minutes. Whatever makes them think I'm hitting on them

Old 10-03-2009, 03:46 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Quote:
THIS!!!!!

I have a co-worker who LOOOOVES to mention her "FIANCEEEE" and it's SO annoying.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:49 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It is annoying indeed, when the woman brings the "boyfriend" up in the first 5 minutes. Whatever makes them think I'm hitting on them
They usually fall into one of two categories...homely women who are so grateful and/or proud to have a boyfriend/husband they feel the need to shout it from every rooftop at every opportunity, or the really hot ones who want to get it out there right away so you don't get any ideas about hitting on them or asking them out. Mention it where it's actually applicable to the conversation and that's alright. But purposely trying to force your relationship status into the discussion is presumptuous.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
They usually fall into one of two categories...homely women who are so grateful and/or proud to have a boyfriend/husband they feel the need to shout it from every rooftop at every opportunity, or the really hot ones who want to get it out there right away so you don't get any ideas about hitting on them or asking them out.
I'm just a one category dude

I'm not hitting on you and I don't need your santa claus tales

Old 10-03-2009, 04:38 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
I've noticed that when speaking to a women, one on one for the first time, they will with in about 5 minutes mention if they have a bf, husband or ex male friend. But if she doesn't, could she be gay? I've known and worked with two lesbians, both of them fit the non mention m.o. They both eventually told me they were gay, they were both hesitant to admit it as they thought I came across as rather conservative, I am not. My looks are deceiving and in reality, I'm very open minded. Both of the confirmed lesbians were quite attractive women, not masculine at all, wore make up and jewelry. They just never looked or talked about men, even with other women. I was just wondering as I know this one girl that in the nine months I've known her she has not once mentioned anything about dating, old boy friends, "guys", nothing.
really? come on.
i'm certainly not a lesbian, but i've never had a boyfriend either. (terrible luck on that front).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships