Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,492,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Does it matter?
I dunno, thats why Im asking. I think its weird if a spouse demands, or leans on your heavily to get a joint email account.

Isn't this a LC thread?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:31 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I dunno, thats why Im asking. I think its weird if a spouse demands, or leans on your heavily to get a joint email account.
Your right. I do think that is weird. Hell, we joined our email account when we got married. You join everything else, so why keep a separate email....unless..... someone wants to "hide" something from their spouse!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1
Hi SifuPhil,

That sounds like a paradise of beautiful red sulfur-sphere sunsets and tangy, lemon flavor lakes where the fishing is easy, a fair city of molten slag eyes and whites tresses of wind braided smog. Her smoke stacks are like organ pipes singing softly and the birds she hails never leave the soot of her hands. I dream of relishing the grinds of Stosh's kiszka.
What really gets me...the reason I could never leave here...is the Ceremony.

Once a year, we celebrate the world-famous Floating Flaccid Fish of Forty-Fort. See, there's this little town here called Forty-Fort, and the river that runs by this town has millions of fish floating in that river.

But these aren't just floating fish...nay! These are beautifully-mottled grayish-black pisces, serenly floating on the breathtaking rainbow-hued background of oil-impregnated waters! On that special day, a select group of children from the Orphans of Our Mother of Subsidence gather together at the riverbanks and place lit candles upon the flaccid bass and grouper, then follow their languid journey down the Susquehanna, running boisterously down the main highway for 4.3 kilometers to the Bridge of Lost Souls, where they cheer and root for their favorite floating fish.

It brings a tear to my eye every time.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:44 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,012,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It brings a tear to my eye every time.
Poison will do that.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Well, aren't you a sweetheart?

Sure, drop on by - I'll show you the old coal mines filled with toxic sludge, then we can have a picnic near the river where even more mine sludge is discharging, then we can sit and watch the sunset through the filter of smog!

And after that, if we're still rarin' to go, we can stop by Stosh's Pierogie Emporium and get some 'rogies with melted butter sauce and a side of freshly-packed sausages.
Sounds like buckets of fun. I'm gonna take a pass on the sausages. I'm a veg after all...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Sounds like buckets of fun. I'm gonna take a pass on the sausages. I'm a veg after all...
Well, I'm not a veg, but in reality I wouldn't touch that stuff. They have a 2-day kielbosi festival around here and people go nuts for it.

If they'd only hold a fruit-and-nut festival, I'd be happy.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm not a veg, but in reality I wouldn't touch that stuff. They have a 2-day kielbosi festival around here and people go nuts for it.

GET OUT!!! That is what I eat for lunch, every day, any day. No one I work with has ever seen me eat anything else. I tell them it is because of my simian blood but they don't believe me...I never eat any of the junk food that's ubiquitous in the department...fruits, nuts and seeds. I'm a forager.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
W

Actually, a lot of this forum IS a fruit and nut festival!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
GET OUT!!! That is what I eat for lunch, every day, any day. No one I work with has ever seen me eat anything else. I tell them it is because of my simian blood but they don't believe me...I never eat any of the junk food that's ubiquitous in the department...fruits, nuts and seeds. I'm a forager.
Oh geeze! For the last year I've been on a trail-mix kick - I just can't seem to get enough. Unfortunately it's the commercial stuff - when I get a chance I have to learn how to make my own - it'll probably be cheaper and healthier.

Quote:
Actually, a lot of this forum IS a fruit and nut festival!

...and here I thought it was a meat and greet!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Oh geeze! For the last year I've been on a trail-mix kick - I just can't seem to get enough. Unfortunately it's the commercial stuff - when I get a chance I have to learn how to make my own - it'll probably be cheaper and healthier.

...and here I thought it was a meat and greet!
Ah yes, love the meat market. Brrrrr! Is it chilly in here or is that me ignoring those pitiful pick-up lines?

I eat the commercial stuff too. For the love of St. Hubert, who has the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships