Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times

Advertisements

Here was the scenario I found myself in early this year, I still don't see why exactly she did what she did. Meet her at a concert, she was from a European country and in NZ on a parting visit. Struck me as attractive, sexy, Intelligent and a happy go lucky person I liked alot about her and got the feeling it was mutal. So got her number, we went out twice in total, not including the first meeting. To cut a long story short, first date (hate that word but not able to think of anything better ) no dramas again felt like we really clicked, nothing went on sexually.
Now second date she breaks the minor matter of news to me that she has a boyfriend back in France, oh but wait, not only is he her longterm boyfriend but also they are engaged.

I have moved on, but my question is why would she not be upfront about it, from the outset, or date #1?? Sure I can think of possible reasons, this is just as much a vent as anything and to be a lesson to people....If you have something significant like that, don't play games and waste the other persons time and energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 07:31 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Because girls just want to have fun.

I guess the same reasons some guys will wait until you have slept with them before they tell you they are married.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:35 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,647,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

I guess the same reasons some guys will wait until you have slept with them before they tell you they are married.
(tried to rep you on this but I've already given you too much! LOL)

This is so perfectly well said, I couldn't have said it better.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:37 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,647,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Here was the scenario I found myself in early this year, I still don't see why exactly she did what she did. Meet her at a concert, she was from a European country and in NZ on a parting visit. Struck me as attractive, sexy, Intelligent and a happy go lucky person I liked alot about her and got the feeling it was mutal. So got her number, we went out twice in total, not including the first meeting. To cut a long story short, first date (hate that word but not able to think of anything better ) no dramas again felt like we really clicked, nothing went on sexually.
Now second date she breaks the minor matter of news to me that she has a boyfriend back in France, oh but wait, not only is he her longterm boyfriend but also they are engaged.

I have moved on, but my question is why would she not be upfront about it, from the outset, or date #1?? Sure I can think of possible reasons, this is just as much a vent as anything and to be a lesson to people....If you have something significant like that, don't play games and waste the other persons time and energy.
2mares said exactly what I was thinking.... to add to this, she was probably just living in the moment, got caught up, realized things were moving and she spoke up. Was it right? No, but, at least she came clean before anything happened.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,012,410 times
Quote:

I tried to rep you on this too! Funny how you said it all right there! Doesn't make it right. Maybe she figured you knew she was only in town on a "partying visit", and what happens in New Zealand, stays in New Zealand...

Old 10-21-2009, 09:18 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
She kept the boyfriend silent because he is her "backup plan". She obviously put some thought into which one was the better option for her - the boyfriend or the NZ guy. For whatever reason, the boyfriend had something more valuable that she needed to hang onto. But not to worry, Dave ... she'll be comparing boyfriend to the next guy. Who knows - maybe the next new guy will have a more valuable quality, then the comparisons will continue for each new guy she meets.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:56 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,077,860 times
Sometimes when people are on holiday they focus just on that...it's a holiday and maybe they will have a holiday romance.

Should they do this at the expense of someone who 'may like them' back and want more? No...

But why do people do the things they do?

I'm sorry this happened to you.

There are decent, honest girls out there. She just was not one of them.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Oh...like an island romance. Leave the boyfriend and get a little on the island.

Vegas....get alittle and then come back to the boyfriend and say that the trip was just O.K. Yeah...I know what you ladies do.

You are just alittle more under wraps...that's all.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:49 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
FYI there are alot of married women out there doing the naughty naughty.

Just sayin.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:41 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times
Quote:

So much energy is placed into finding the MEANING behind every action. Can't people just go on a date to enjoy someone else's company? Does there always have to be such motivation behind it? A date is a date - it is not a first step to a lifelong commitment. A date is to get to know someone a little and to have fun.

I know I'm from a different generation, but man this sounds way too heavy for a date or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships