Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 08:36 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,015,367 times

Advertisements

I know a guy who is a total player. He hits on, flirts with, and tries to seduce any woman he encounters. It's slightly disturbing.

There's a new, very sweet, and possibly gullible girl that he has latched on to. She seems to be the only one in a long line of ladies that has taken his bait.

Now, I know his past and his behaviors. He is not a friend, but someone I have known as a social acquaintance for quite a while.

Should I warn this girl of him? My warning would probably be something along the lines of "he's like this with all the girls, don't invest too much."

I hate to see her hurt, but at the same time I don't know if I should tell her what the rest of us already know.

Would you want to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 08:45 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,752,634 times
If she's not a real girlfriend of yours, no. Stay out of it. You don't know her, you know only "of" him and, with all due respect, it's really none of your business. Cheers!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If she's not a real girlfriend of yours, no. Stay out of it. You don't know her, you know only "of" him and, with all due respect, it's really none of your business. Cheers!
This is what I've been going on, but I know that if I were in her place I would feel like a complete idiot for falling for a guy like that when everyone else knew he was just a schmoozer.

Maybe it bothers me more because everyone knows. It's like being the last to know that your boyfriend is cheating when all your friends already know...ouch.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:50 PM

612 posts, read 1,844,604 times
She's has no connection to you (girlfriend, family, etc.) so stay out of it... That would be almost an outright sign to her that you like her... Even though you're looking out for the best of her, let her try to figure that out. Most women should be able to pick out the PLAYAS! You could be casual about it down the road and approach in a jokingly manner saying "Ya know he's just trying to get in your pants..." or something along the lines of that... But as of now, nothing... You're a true gentleman for looking out for a girl like her.

EDIT: Well, seeing as you're a gal ... I'd say go ahead and take the same approach as I stated but with different choice of words. More along the line of "Girl, you know he's just trying to get in your pants..." Yeah you get the point LOL

Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
She's has no connection to you (girlfriend, family, etc.) so stay out of it... That would be almost an outright sign to her that you like her... Even though you're looking out for the best of her, let her try to figure that out. Most women should be able to pick out the PLAYAS! You could be casual about it down the road and approach in a jokingly manner saying "Ya know he's just trying to get in your pants..." or something along the lines of that... But as of now, nothing... You're a true gentleman for looking out for a girl like her.

Cheers, mate!
I'm a GIRL! lol. Geez.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,683,291 times
I would want to know he was a player if I were that poor, sweet innocent girl.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I know a guy who is a total player. He hits on, flirts with, and tries to seduce any woman he encounters. It's slightly disturbing.

There's a new, very sweet, and possibly gullible girl that he has latched on to. She seems to be the only one in a long line of ladies that has taken his bait.

Now, I know his past and his behaviors. He is not a friend, but someone I have known as a social acquaintance for quite a while.

Should I warn this girl of him? My warning would probably be something along the lines of "he's like this with all the girls, don't invest too much."

I hate to see her hurt, but at the same time I don't know if I should tell her what the rest of us already know.

Would you want to know?
Tell her...if you told me it...I then would watch him like a hawk or question any motives he did..or just up and say"I'm looking for a real relationship not some fun and run business"

Old 10-18-2009, 08:57 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,206,877 times
It would fall on deaf ears anyway and my dad would never have been able to get away with marrying three times. If my statement is not true that a good chunck of divorced people would never be married again even after many of their newbies are warned of their personalities and traits. People see what they want to see anyway or think 'they' will be the one that makes the difference and 'changes' them.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:01 PM

612 posts, read 1,844,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm a GIRL! lol. Geez.
Which is why I EDITED... lol MY BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post

EDIT: Well, seeing as you're a gal ... I'd say go ahead and take the same approach as I stated but with different choice of words. More along the line of "Girl, you know he's just trying to get in your pants..." Yeah you get the point LOL

Old 10-18-2009, 09:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It would fall on deaf ears anyway and my dad would never have been able to get away with marrying three times. If my statement is not true that a good chunck of divorced people would never be married again even after many of their newbies are warned of their personalities and traits. People see what they want to see anyway or think 'they' will be the one that makes the difference and 'changes' them.
True in the beginning we are always in lala land...then come back to earth after awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships