Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,416,814 times

Advertisements

Tell the broad..

Guys like that should be castrated. Guys that aren't like that should take lessons, and then do the opposite.

Really though, how would you feel in her place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,867,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It would fall on deaf ears anyway.....
So true. Perhaps in 3 or 4 years, she'll come up and say: "Why didn't you tell me?" but they seldom want the truth when they're in lust. You really can't win in this situation.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:27 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,463,296 times
If I were the girl the player had latched on to, I would totally want to know. Women have to stick together when it comes to men who are users.

Speaking of which, I know a guy who thinks he's real smooth and talks and flirts with all the women he encounters. There's this one girl that likes him more than the others. I haven't said anything to her because maybe he'll settle down. But sometimes I just want to tell her that he's a liar. For now, I won't but, hopefully they will establish a serious relationship, which would make me glad.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:04 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,874,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
This is what I've been going on, but I know that if I were in her place I would feel like a complete idiot for falling for a guy like that when everyone else knew he was just a schmoozer.Maybe it bothers me more because everyone knows. It's like being the last to know that your boyfriend is cheating when all your friends already know...ouch.
Best to stay out of this. Players have been around for a very, very long time. Back when I was first divorced in the 1980's...ooooh that is so long ago. I joined a group called "Parents Without Partners". There was a guy there who was latching on to a different lady every week; had someone different each time at each affair. I watched him operate. He was attractive, charming and knew how to schmooze that is for sure. I also noticed he would hit on the newest "chick" there keep her for a week then poof...on to the next one. THEN it was MY turn...here he is in front of me looking like the Marlboro Man...yup, I went with him, had fun, then totally dumped him on his arse and went off with a nicer, more down to earth guy. This "Player" was so angry with me..never talked to me again. The Player got Played..LOL

If you stay out of this one, chances are if he is playing this girl only three things could possibly happen. First, maybe he really does like her and will have a relationship, but I doubt it. Second, he could dump her for someone else and her ego will get bruised. Last, perhpas she will catch on like I did and this Player will get Played!!

"IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO SPEAK UP AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT" author unknown....

Old 10-20-2009, 06:33 AM

10,181 posts, read 20,816,710 times
As a mere acquintance I would stay out of it, let her learn her own lessons. This is how people learn survival skills in terms of relationships. What happens when someone else isn't around to protect her from the wolves? She needs to learn how to spot the warning signs and fend for herself. The only time I'd say you should offer your advice is if she asks for it, or if she was someone close to you like a friend or relative.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:37 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,345,179 times
Quote:
This is what I've been going on, but I know that if I were in her place I would feel like a complete idiot for falling for a guy like that when everyone else knew he was just a schmoozer.

Maybe it bothers me more because everyone knows. It's like being the last to know that your boyfriend is cheating when all your friends already know...ouch.

Tell her! Most people would want to know what they're dealing with.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:52 AM

28,976 posts, read 30,358,282 times
Quote:
I know a guy who is a total player. He hits on, flirts with, and tries to seduce any woman he encounters. It's slightly disturbing.

There's a new, very sweet, and possibly gullible girl that he has latched on to. She seems to be the only one in a long line of ladies that has taken his bait.

Now, I know his past and his behaviors. He is not a friend, but someone I have known as a social acquaintance for quite a while.

Should I warn this girl of him? My warning would probably be something along the lines of "he's like this with all the girls, don't invest too much."

I hate to see her hurt, but at the same time I don't know if I should tell her what the rest of us already know.

Would you want to know?
yes, I would...most certainly, matter of fact, if you know someone he dated, have her talk to this girl, and here's why.

I dated a man like that bout 7 - 8 years ago...to be honest, I don't know why he dated me, b/c he loved young girls. But he did, and I fell for him, hard....so, there ya go...if someone would have told me, it might have helped, might not have....but at least it may have opened my eyes from being blind as a bat and verified my intuition...believe me, when I met him and while we dated...the alams were going off....

These people can really hurt and harm your heart, to the point that it's a life changing event....so, please, talk to her....b/c players are shreud, sly and know all the moves...this one I dated...recorded all my favorite music...man oh man, he really played the role...then when he got me, he dropped me and he is notorius for dating women that are old enough to be his daughters....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-20-2009 at 07:03 AM..

Old 10-20-2009, 07:00 AM

440 posts, read 1,031,757 times
I'd give her a heads up. Just saying something like..."watch out for this guy he's a real playboy!" almost nonchalantly, hopefully you've gotten her attention at that point and she'll figure the rest out on her own! lol

Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 AM

4,534 posts, read 8,355,421 times
Wouldn't the girl think that spinx is trying to attach herself to the guy and make that poor girl throw herself at the jerk?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:07 AM

28,976 posts, read 30,358,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
This is a tricky one...if I were the girl dating this guy I would want to know but I wonder if I would heed the warning... Hard to tell...
you might not heed the warning, but, it surely might wake you up a bit to be more aware? ya think?

I feel the same way

adding, to me, I want friends who are open and honest...it's not always an easy task to be this honest...but you care for her more, then worrying about if she's going to end the friendship b/c of your honesty.

I would also add while telling her, I could be wrong, but I don't think so...but it's your choice, I'm simply telling you now, b/c I care and don't want to see you get hurt...and whatever you decided, I just want you to be happy...but I had to tell you what I see b/c if anything happens, I'd be miserable that I didn't tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships