Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 6,236 times

Advertisements

Ok i have a concern. My boyfriend (24) and i (21) have been going out for 3 months but have been known each other for 5 months. He has a 4 yr old son who he hasn't introduced me to yet and hasnt hinted as to introducing us. Im pretty sure after knowing someone for 5 months you know whether or not u want to bring your child around them. Im concerned he might not think of me as an important figure in his life. I dont want to ask him to introduce us because i'll feel it was forced, that he had to bc i brought it up. i want him to initiate things on his own. idk if im wasting my time or if i should wait any longer? Any advice or thoughts? Id really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 12:57 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,115 times
next time he is talking about the kid, say "id love to meet him, maybe we can take him to chucke cheese or the park or something" if he says "no" say "why dont you want me to meet your son"

Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,660,682 times
What is the visitation like? Does he have him fulltime, every other weekend, etc.? Is the Mother in the pic?

Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Maybe his own kid isn't that much concern to him.

Maybe he thinks it's none of your business.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,812,719 times
Unless he's planning to marry you, he has no reason and is under NO obligation to bring you and his son together.

LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:21 PM

4 posts, read 6,236 times
Thanks JBMallory Ill consider asking him!

Yankeegirl- he see's his son everyday. And is a part of his life. Baby Mama is very much in the picture. he got her name tattooed on his chest when she had him. They've been on and off for years but he swears he's completely over her. that he has no romantic feelings. and that they dont talk only in regards to their son. but yesterday i found out he's on two fantasy leagues...one with her and one with me. i feel she's a threat to our relationship.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:25 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Single parents need to be mindful about dragging people in and out of their children's lives. A 3-month relationship is a blip on the radar--it's not even long enough to be certain it's serious or long-term. Wait until you've been together for closer to a year to make it an issue.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:26 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,812,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit210 View Post
Thanks JBMallory Ill consider asking him!

Yankeegirl- he see's his son everyday. And is a part of his life. Baby Mama is very much in the picture. he got her name tattooed on his chest when she had him. They've been on and off for years but he swears he's completely over her. that he has no romantic feelings. and that they dont talk only in regards to their son. but yesterday i found out he's on two fantasy leagues...one with her and one with me. i feel she's a threat to our relationship.
Then it sounds like you need to leave your options open. Date others.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:27 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,641,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Single parents need to be mindful about dragging people in and out of their children's lives. A 3-month relationship is a blip on the radar--it's not even long enough to be certain it's serious or long-term. Wait until you've been together for closer to a year to make it an issue.
Agree 100%!!

Old 10-21-2009, 01:31 PM

196 posts, read 564,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit210 View Post
but yesterday i found out he's on two fantasy leagues...one with her and one with me. i feel she's a threat to our relationship.
She is not just threat to your relationship, unfortunately, she will always be involved in your relationship. There is way stronger bond between them than you can see. I know you are not asking for this kind of advice, but I would run from this relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships