Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:17 PM

52,446 posts, read 53,001,616 times

Advertisements

Well, you know how it is, you do a shot of Jack and next thing you know you fall into a vagina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 08:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, you know how it is, you do a shot of Jack and next thing you know you fall into a vagina.
And next thing you know it's got teeth and that's the end of IT!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,820,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Things are not as black and white if you have had a long and good marriage and particularly not if children are involved as well. In fact, nothing is ever that black and white.
If by definition cheating is black and white then so is my answer...all other emotions/feelings would be put aside so that clear thinking can prevail. And no, I would not stay with someone for the kid's sake. Believe me though, I would tell her before we got married my stance on cheating.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:10 AM

137 posts, read 234,060 times
Only time I buy that as an excuse is in this scenario : You are married and misserable for a long time, you go out to drink yourself out of pain, and when you're smashed an interesting stranger comes along. Out of a mix of misery, need for comfort and being drunk you give in and have sex with the other person. This is the only case where I wouldn't think it's either black or white.

Otherwise it's a very lame excuse. It's just something you wanted to do anyway, but you had nothing to blame it on, so that your conscience wouldn't bite you in the ass.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:13 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,335,011 times
Well, here's what I don't get....The old standby, "It was a mistake!"

Hmmm....So it was a mistake to....

Flirt heavily
Plan to meet somewhere discreet
Kiss
Shuck clothes
Make the beast with two backs

To me, a mistake is an error in addition. A mistake is forgetting to return a phone call or a library book.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:49 AM

79,054 posts, read 61,211,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ok, maybe I have watched too much Jerry Springer in my day but I can't believe that people STILL use this excuse!

I have always said alcohol is "liquid courage". It makes some people say or do things they "thought about or wanted to do" but would not under normal circumstances.

Would you buy this? Could you forgive and move on with that person if they did something like cheated or said something awful to you under the influence of alcohol?
Cheating would be an automatic relationship ender for me. Liquor is a lame excuse.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:11 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,025,710 times
Nope...it means they lack self control and were probably thinking about it anyway.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:33 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,348,214 times
Wow, you guys bring up some interesting takes on the subject. It's good to see the majority will not accept this type of behavior.

I don't know where Jerry finds them but I know somewhere on Earth, they exist! Good to know the majority is not on CD!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:07 PM

438 posts, read 949,326 times
I almost peed myself watching this video. Drunk people are funny to watch, especially when you're sober. Is that wrong of me to think so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
This is what "liquid courage" REALLY does :

YouTube - Drunk guy goes for more

Sorry had to post that... If a gal I was seeing slept with a guy because she was so smashed, then I question her self-control. I drink on occasion and of course I feel more frisky and onery but I know my limits and what is right or wrong. I may hit on a girl or two at a party or bar but never would I take advantage of her.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:02 AM

19,476 posts, read 15,367,499 times
I've always told my SO I will never, ever cheat on him. There won't be that moment where "it just happened." There won't be that moment where I and another are laughing and we suddenly look at each other and hungrily embrace. There won't be that moment where I let the guy kiss me and then pull away and say, "I can't!" (All those "romantic" movie scenes.)

And, like cpg said, I think, if drinking is involved, that's just a reason to be more vigilant. I've just flat-out decided that that is not going to happen.

If things are so bad that I really decide to be with another person, I will end it first with SO. But that's not happening anytime soon.

Everyone knows how painful it is to have someone betray you. It's amazing how many people will go ahead and do it to someone else. Should I start a thread on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships