Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:45 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,345,162 times

Advertisements

Lame excuse!

If a guy did something like cheat "because he was drunk", I'd dump his a$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 05:59 PM

438 posts, read 947,990 times
We alone make the choice to drink. No other. The consequences that follow result from our decicions alone, and the blame for actions we take while under the influence must fall on our heads. So no, I would not accept this as excusable. If someone tried to blame alcohol for their cheating, it would get nowhere with me.
Besides, I have been wasted before. I still told people who hit on me to **** off (alcohol actually makes me very intolerant of guys trying to put their hands near me or who won't go away). If somebody is running around getting their groove on with random folks, then they possessed the tendency anyway, I think. Whilst I have had an alcohol related fling, I already had a major crush on the guy anyway and drinking just made me take the leap that I was too hesitant to take before that.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,695,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ok, maybe I have watched too much Jerry Springer in my day but I can't believe that people STILL use this excuse!

I have always said alcohol is "liquid courage". It makes some people say or do things they "thought about or wanted to do" but would not under normal circumstances.

Would you buy this? Could you forgive and move on with that person if they did something like cheated or said something awful to you under the influence of alcohol?
It's an excuse. I've never been so drunk that I didn't know exactly what I was doing. And yes, I've been damned drunk a few times.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, if you're a guy and you've had too much to drink, it gets really hard to complete the act, so to speak. So, you're either sober enough to know better or too drunk to perform, big guy.
You're bringing up an interesting point, cpg, and since I've seen various definitions of "cheating" here, I'd be curious to know what others think about this. So, let's say the guy was unable to "perform" due to being way too drunk... In other words, there was no intercourse per se. Does his participation in the activities count as cheating or not in this case? Because to me it doesn't really make any difference whether he dipped his pecker somewhere or not once he was already engaged in the mentioned activities...

Old 10-21-2009, 07:55 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,812,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're bringing up an interesting point, cpg, and since I've seen various definitions of "cheating" here, I'd be curious to know what others think about this. So, let's say the guy was unable to "perform" due to being way too drunk... In other words, there was no intercourse per se. Does his participation in the activities count as cheating or not in this case? Because to me it doesn't really make any difference whether he dipped his pecker somewhere or not once he was already engaged in the mentioned activities...

If they were naked and making out or something its just as bad imo. I mean its pretty clear they would be screwing if the guy could so whats the difference at that point?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
If they were naked and making out or something its just as bad imo. I mean its pretty clear they would be screwing if the guy could so whats the difference at that point?
Precisely the way I look at it, too. However, it seems like to many people whether there was a big bad intercourse or not makes an enormous difference. I've always said to me an unconsummated and involved emotional affair is a whole lot more disturbing than an alcohol-induced one-night stand. To me the latter is not necessarily a good enough reason for throwing a marriage away.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:08 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,812,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Precisely the way I look at it, too. However, it seems like to many people whether there was a big bad intercourse or not makes an enormous difference. I've always said to me an unconsummated and involved emotional affair is a whole lot more disturbing than an alcohol-induced one-night stand. To me the latter is not necessarily a good enough reason for throwing a marriage away.
Maybe, you could make a case I suppose. Imo if they cheat its over, no second chances...even if it was one time and they were drunk. I don't plan on ever being with a woman who goes out getting hammered and being around other men either, so the odds of something like that happening will be pretty slim to nil.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:15 PM

612 posts, read 1,845,265 times
This is what "liquid courage" REALLY does :

YouTube - Drunk guy goes for more

Sorry had to post that... If a gal I was seeing slept with a guy because she was so smashed, then I question her self-control. I drink on occasion and of course I feel more frisky and onery but I know my limits and what is right or wrong. I may hit on a girl or two at a party or bar but never would I take advantage of her.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Maybe, you could make a case I suppose. Imo if they cheat its over, no second chances...even if it was one time and they were drunk. I don't plan on ever being with a woman who goes out getting hammered and being around other men either, so the odds of something like that happening will be pretty slim to nil.
Things are not as black and white if you have had a long and good marriage and particularly not if children are involved as well. In fact, nothing is ever that black and white.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 PM

19,440 posts, read 15,292,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
It would be a very rare for cheating that would actually fly with me. Perhaps if my SO and someone else were stranded on a desert island, thinking they were lost forever, I MIGHT consider that excusable because when something really traumatic happens people tend to grab for whomever is there. In that case, it would probably be a don't ask don't tell scenario anyway.
Wow, you get pretty imaginative with the cheating scenarios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships