Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:52 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,757,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I don't think his posts are even real. He's gotta be trolling. Who goes on this many dates w/out finding anything likable about the other person then posts every single experience on a message board?

Either that or he's a major attn wh@re and we all cater to him by blowing up his threads
He very rarely goes out on dates. When you have time, go through his posts and you'll get the gist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 07:03 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,562,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
He very rarely goes out on dates. When you have time, go through his posts and you'll get the gist.
I just kinda scan over them...so he is damning these women b4 he even meets them ? And he's 34 right? Sweet geezus.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:07 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,582,849 times
Quote:
I don't think his posts are even real. He's gotta be trolling. Who goes on this many dates w/out finding anything likable about the other person then posts every single experience on a message board?

Either that or he's a major attn wh@re and we all cater to him by blowing up his threads

Hes not a troll, and yes, we all keep him amply entertained, like enablers.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:37 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,706,289 times
You don't work!!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
It's all good.
That is good! hope all is well!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:50 AM

29,756 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
I just kinda scan over them...so he is damning these women b4 he even meets them ? And he's 34 right? Sweet geezus.
Yeah, he meets them on Craiglist, they have an IM/phone conversation and when they don't say exactly the right thing at exactly the right time he comes here and makes a thread about how all women are messed up.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:30 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,555,612 times
Quote:
Actually TVandsportsguy this topic is one I'd like to touch on in a sense. And that is messaging/texting.

I don't use it. I just don't want to be stroking out on a machine (tiny machine) casual conversations, the words can loose meaning of the delivery. I know this the age of blackberries and texting and all that but I'm not with it...

If I am talking to a girl I'd rather use the phone where my voice and emotion helps deliver my thoughts. And I don't even like long phone talk either because even better to deliver it in person.Yeah the phone or messaging can be handy for quick talk or planning but other than that see me if you want to get into deep conversation.

Anybody else feel that way? BTW that goes for computer talking also. Yeah I get into long posts and stuff but that is different. If it was a long distance relationship I could see typing pages of personal talk with a person but even words on a computer can send the wrong meaning sometimes.
Before we had the internet to play the dating game, there were the personal ads in the paper. I never posted one but I certainly called on a lot of them.

And when Mr. Boyfriend winked at me on match.com, we didn't waste time playing games on the 'net. There were like 2 emails then he asked for my number & I just gave it to him. I guess I could have gotten his instead - to make sure he wasn't married or whatever, but I just gave him my number.

The point of my first & second paragraph: you KNOW in seconds if it's worth even talking to the person by the voice & charisma.

Now, I certainly did enjoy meeting people who were nice to talk to & then it usually fell flat in the chemistry department after meeting, but the talking still carried some fun, since it was a daytime date anyway in a low budget venue. It just didn't carry over to a seond date, usually, if it wasn't going to go anywhere. It carried over to a 2nd date maybe 2x but the 3rd date was entirely contingent on whether I wanted to really get it further along, which happened this last time & the time I met my last husband about 15 years ago.

I totally don't understand why anyone would delay talking to a prospective date if they really want to seriously figure out if they want to meet. Hearing the voice is a major deal setter.

One time I answered an ad (the newspaper days 15 years ago) for a guy who sounded just right on paper. Then when I heard his voice... He had this Jersey accent that I just wasn't cool with... I had to ask something about astrology & then say there was some kind of fake incompatibility so I wouldn't hurt his feelings...

Same deal when I'd ask... really nicely so as to get a candid answer... about how the guy felt about tying me up or getting tied up or cross dressing... I'm so not into any of that... I would use the astrology ruse on those too.

If it's a truly compelling match from what it sounds like on the phone, it won't matter if there's a fire storm outside, the inevitable meeting will not be put off for a trivial reason!

Kate

PS: All the times I emailed people more than 2x or actually IM'd them: it was a waste of time. The ones I IM'd just wanted cyber sex! I hate online chat! I hate texting too!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:26 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,410,739 times
Sarah kate I should have said I am not with using texting and stuff after I know her a little. While I don't use my computer to meet women, never used online dating or whatever I can see how you might meet somebody with it.

My friend will sit there tap tap tap exchanging texts all night long with somebody, I don't get into that.

If we go out on a physical date one or two times I don't see a need to do a long text back in forth about more getting to know you stuff. I'd rather use conventional means but I have been around long enough to remember when texting and internet didn't exist.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
Quote:
Sarah kate I should have said I am not with using texting and stuff after I know her a little. While I don't use my computer to meet women, never used online dating or whatever I can see how you might meet somebody with it.

My friend will sit there tap tap tap exchanging texts all night long with somebody, I don't get into that.

If we go out on a physical date one or two times I don't see a need to do a long text back in forth about more getting to know you stuff. I'd rather use conventional means but I have been around long enough to remember when texting and internet didn't exist.
Lionking you are so OLD!!!lmao I am too...I had typing class in elementry school.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:34 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,821,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lionking you are so OLD!!!lmao I am too...I had typing class in elementry school.
So you are still a hunt n pecker typist, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships