Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:19 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
You can still notice hot men but why do you or some people feel the need to mention it in front of their s/o??

WHy should yuor s/o care or want to hear that??

Are you trying to get him jealous or do you just have no filter??
No filter? Please explain what you mean I like to know what turns my husband on as I ponder that and find it very interesting the human mind and what turns us on. It is usually a mix of physical and mental things that do it. Needless to say this is not my only topic of conversation I am just talking about this right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 12:22 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's all about the context of the compliment. If a woman I am with sees a hot guy on television and makes some "ooo baby" remark I could care less. It's all just in fun. Now if we're in a restaurant and a handsome waiter is serving us and she tells me "He is sooo hot" in a way that's not meant to be funny as though she's talking out loud to herself, well that's different. Some couples are more secure than others, and they can joke about that sort of thing. Others are more tightly wound and you cannnot even glance at an attractive celebrity on TV without causing WWIII.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Yes you both can comment on if someone is attractive. However if it comes down to this, then its not good.

Her: Wow our waiter is very hot.
Him: He does have that Mr. Olympus look to him.
Her: I mean really really hot. Love those buns.
Him: I'm thinking of having a sex change.
Her: That's nice dear. Wow look at him bend over!!!
Him: In fact I'm going to have "it" cut off.
Her: That's nice dear. *Makes kissy faces at the waiter*

Hey, where is this restaurant you speak of with these hot waiters? I'm going to have lunch there!!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:32 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Hey, where is this restaurant you speak of with these hot waiters? I'm going to have lunch there!!
That information will cost $4999.99 plus tax and shipping and handling.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:35 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
That information will cost $4999.99 plus tax and shipping and handling.

Do you have a layaway plan?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
No filter? Please explain what you mean I like to know what turns my husband on as I ponder that and find it very interesting the human mind and what turns us on. It is usually a mix of physical and mental things that do it. Needless to say this is not my only topic of conversation I am just talking about this right now
I dont think its awful or anyhting i just always wondered why some people have to mention it in front of their partners

Why would we want to hear that???Like... hey great if you were single you might have sex with him thats tremendous im glad you told me that its vital information for me

See what im saying?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Do you have a layaway plan?
Yes but payment is required upfront.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I dont think its awful or anyhting i just always wondered why some people have to mention it in front of their partners

Why would we want to hear that???Like... hey great if you were single you might have sex with him thats tremendous im glad you told me that its vital information for me

See what im saying?

Or the "Wild Kingdom" way things are done, as in, "hmm.....vital information here..........my mate finds this other lion/gorilla/chimpanzee/shark attractive......that means he is a threat to the future viability of my genetic line.............let me go find him and eliminate him from the planet."

Old 10-27-2009, 12:41 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Exactly its about respect, Integrity and comitmment to your partner. Cleary you are lacking in all three.
I totally agree with this. Even if your partner isnt around and its just you and your co-workers or friends, it totally makes you look scumy to mention out loud that someone you see is superhot. Like someone else said, its one thing to see someone on tv, on the computer or in a magazine and say it, but to be out around people and say it makes you look bad.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:45 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I sometimes comment that men are super hot and sometimes I get told by other men that I am married and shouldn't be noticing
So let me get this right. You are out and/or around other men, and you notice a guy who is "super hot", and you make a comment around these other men you are out and/or around with that the guy is "superhot" and when the men you are with are surprised/shocked and tell you that its innappropriate because you married, this doesnt bother you at all? Or, are you one of those women who think its "cool" to be this way around guys because you want them to think of you as one of the guys?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Or the "Wild Kingdom" way things are done, as in, "hmm.....vital information here..........my mate finds this other lion/gorilla/chimpanzee/shark attractive......that means he is a threat to the future viability of my genetic line.............let me go find him and eliminate him from the planet."
haha exactly..I think women do it because they want their s/o to get jealous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships