Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:52 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I don't know but I like when a girl shows that playful side. Then again I am a big guy and can take the punishment unlike that wuss.
Cat's got a ton of shock absorbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 01:41 PM

223 posts, read 616,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Hmmm... he has shared some, it seems he's had a lot of girlfriends? not sure on that, but I can not fault him for that I've had tons of bfs
Nothing too negative about the girlfriends, I know the last one, whom he was engaged to, cheated... I do not really know much about the rest, just normal "I used to date this girl that..." kind of thing.
His family migrated to the US when he was 6 or so... and I've yet to meet them, once I do I think I can analize the situation from that point of view, from what I've seeing he's got a great relationship with both mom and dad, and with his brother. He loves his niece...

Aight. But I still say keep your eyes and ears open. And not to belabor this or spread paranoia, but I still think you should ask questions regarding the things I mentioned earlier. People have a tendency to share "just enough" information about themselves sometimes. Hence your post about full disclosure. I'd still ask probing questions about his past relationships and childhood. I'm sure you're smart and would know how to do it so you get answers without seeming like you're looking for them. People seem to share more when it doesn't come off as an interragation. Ex. Bring up the Rihanna case to open up discussion. Then ask him if he's ever witnessed someone being physically abused. If so, what did he do?

Last edited by JaasNYC; 11-10-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 02:00 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaasNYC View Post
Aight. But I still say keep your eyes and ears open. And not to belabor this or spread paranoia, but I still think you should ask questions regarding the things I mentioned earlier. People have a tendency to share "just enough" information about themselves sometimes. Hence your post about full disclosure. I'd still ask probing questions about his past relationships and childhood. I'm sure you're smart and would know how to do it so you get answers without seeming like you're looking for them. People seem to share more when it doesn't come off as an interragation. Ex. Bring up the Rihanna case to open up discussion. Then ask him if he's ever witnessed someone being physically abused. If so, what did he do?
AHA!!! very good points... thanks for the advice

Old 11-10-2009, 05:28 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
I got really excited and punched him in the arm... you know like a love punch kind of thing, not hard at all... and he flipped his lid!!! he got so mad at me!!!!

It was really awkward for like 10 minutes after that and after the silence he said he did not like that and that he hoped I would never do it again...

If this is true, I would let his @@@ go and not look back! He's got serious issues. And the only reason you don't have a black eye/bruises right now is because: 1. You were in a sports bar around witnesses. 2. You're in the beginning phase of relations where people HIDE (as best they can) there faults.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:41 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
I'm okay with playful taps, I do it to my buddies all the time and some may do it to me. Some people don't like it and that's fine; say so and be done with it. It is hardly anything to ruin a full day over.

The idea of him becoming enraged like that in a public setting, demanding an apology and calling it an early day would have turned me off right then and there. It screams narcissism, anger and control issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships