Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 03:59 PM

350 posts, read 4,157,820 times

Advertisements

I'm interested to hear how many hours (on average) of quality time people spend per day with their spouse. Let's say weekdays first and then weekends. Quality time meaning you're interacting with each other, talking, sharing, or doing something together. Is the amount of time you spend with your spouse per day adequate, or do you wish it was more (or less?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 04:08 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,009 times
Not including when either of us are at work, or when we are sleeping? An average weekday might give us 2-3 hours of "together time".

Weekends... shooo, who knows! Sometimes all day, sometimes half a day. But at least half of a sat/sun each day.

Do I wish we had more time together to spend ? sometimes...
Sometimes it's nicer to have that 3-4 day gap where we don't get in eachother's hair and can't interact a lot, it gives me a good excuse to pack our bags friday night and escape for the weekend somewhere to make up for lost time

Old 11-13-2009, 04:10 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Weekdays? We typically enjoy coffee in bed together for about thirty minutes before the chaos begins.

Then, at night, from 9:00-10:30 is sacrosanct. Kids are shooed off to bed.

Weekends? Typically a good hour of the coffee and paper in the morning. And the rest of the weekend depends on what we have planned.

But, no matter what, we talk to each other at least 30-60 minutes a day. Unless I'm out of town. Then I call.

It never seems to be enough. We love talking to each other.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:03 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,402,330 times
Weekdays, my wife and I carpool to work, so we have 60-90 minutes of conversation or listening to audiobooks together. (They're great for people like us who "don't have time to read.") When we get home, we relax together with a glass of wine and dinner (typically 90 minutes), and then watch TV together or do our own things separately.

Weekends vary. Sometimes we spend the whole weekend together, whether it's doing something fun or running necessary errands (we consider grocery shopping to be "quality time," since we both enjoy it). Other weekends vary, depending on what chores need to be done, or whether one of us does something on our own.

Our busiest phase was when we were both working full time, had both gone back to college, and had two teenagers living at home. We always made sure we took at least 30 minutes after work to eat dinner, wind down, and tell each other about our day before we began our college homework. I still am amazed that we survived those two years (as individuals, not as a couple)!

Old 11-14-2009, 06:29 AM

943 posts, read 2,280,056 times
we dont do anything together we live like roommates. Sometimes we will be in car together to do errands.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:43 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
I don't see much of my dh during the semester. Winter break and the summer brings more quality time. But, we'll hang out together for a bit in the morning and at night on weekends.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:49 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,574,803 times
We spend an hour or so on average, we pretty much do our own thing.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibblesandbits View Post
I'm interested to hear how many hours (on average) of quality time people spend per day with their spouse. Let's say weekdays first and then weekends. Quality time meaning you're interacting with each other, talking, sharing, or doing something together. Is the amount of time you spend with your spouse per day adequate, or do you wish it was more (or less?)
There was a time not so long ago, that dh and I were together 24/7. Due to extenuating circumstances, that is not possible right now and I am sad.

I wish we could be together all the time.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
We used to spend lots of time together, but now, we are hardly ever together. She would rather chat with her online friends than me.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:24 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,975 times
Evenings (weekdays), about 3 - 4 hours before bed. Weekends, depends, if we plan ahead to do something then it's an entire day or both Sat and Sun. I do have kids though and while my son is away at college, I can't see him everyday but my daughter lives locally and we spend quite a bit of time - so even though my SO complains all the time that he never gets enough time, there is no negotiations when it comes to my kids.
I do a pretty good job at splitting my time with the focus being on him (of course, it's never enough LOL) but I also need "me" time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships