Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:28 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
cancel your membership? I'm so annoyed right now that I just came across a dating profile of a coworker who sits right across from me. I just like my outside life to be private and now debating should I stay on but I already purchased the membership.

Do i have the worst luck or what?
Obviously, she tailored her profile to get access to your profile. Expect the office to get a good laugh, at your expense, all next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 10:44 PM

147 posts, read 329,747 times
Is the co-worker male or female? If they are also male it is highly unlikely they will ever see your profile unless they are searching for other men. It seems that a dating site would ask about sexual preference and if he is not looking for other men then, like I said, it is unlikely he will see it. If the co-worker is female, I would not worry about it. If she does see your profile, and asks you about it, just politely tell her you would prefer to keep your private life private.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,551,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
cancel your membership? I'm so annoyed right now that I just came across a dating profile of a coworker who sits right across from me. I just like my outside life to be private and now debating should I stay on but I already purchased the membership.

Do i have the worst luck or what?
No, I wouldn't & YES I have seen them! It can be revealing in a nice way. With most sites, you can BLOCK people. Not sure how that totally works.

One guy, a male nurse, said personal things in his profile I never would have guessed, as I didn't socialize with him. His wife is in a nursing home, vegetative, but he's looking for love. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

I already have Mr. Boyfriend & that guy is more religious than I am - probably nicer too. I have no idea how his life is going now though. I should go spy on him hahaha.

Other times, when I worked in Real Estate, a lot of the agents were at match. If you look under headings you wouldn't normally look under, it can be very revealing...

Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Obviously, she tailored her profile to get access to your profile. Expect the office to get a good laugh, at your expense, all next week.
Yeah I bet that chick who he worked with before, whom wanted to talk to him and make out with will call him now.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
TVSG, Solomon, Grasshopper, is not going to come back to this thread because he has to conjure up a new one.

So how's it going, Sweet Pea? Any hits on the bookstore routine? Oops, forgot you mentioned that by the time you're able to get to the bookstore the potential dating crowd has left so you've given up on that. Darn, you're just nixed and hexed every which way! And always an excuse.

Just curious though as to why you removed your photo from your MySpace page when that info was "outed" on CD. If you were comfortable with yourself it wouldn't be an issue but you threw a hissy fit and got all fired up. Why?

You are what you are and as long as you continue to use the internet to find whatever, why the subterfuge?

There may well be someone out there who might find you attractive but your main problem is that you don't find yourself attractive. You suffer from very low self esteem. Cheers, dear!

As a PS, honesty is always the best policy.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:14 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,753 times
I used to fart around on those dating sites when I was an immature high school kid, thinking I was funny. I saw one of my male teachers on there once. Nothing too racy (it was JUST a dating site) but he did have one of those obnoxious Myspace-like pics of him taking a photo of himself shirtless in the bathroom mirror (why do men think that's sexy?). It was very awkward finishing that class.

Oh and I should add that this teacher was NOT attractive whatsoever and was a little past his prime, which added to the awkwardness.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
I used to fart around on those dating sites when I was an immature high school kid, thinking I was funny. I saw one of my male teachers on there once. Nothing too racy (it was JUST a dating site) but he did have one of those obnoxious Myspace-like pics of him taking a photo of himself shirtless in the bathroom mirror (why do men think that's sexy?). It was very awkward finishing that class.

Oh and I should add that this teacher was NOT attractive whatsoever and was a little past his prime, which added to the awkwardness.
lol

Old 11-19-2009, 09:32 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,028 times
Believe it or not, there are women who find this attractive..i know a Bartender who used to post Pictures of himself shirtless.. and yes, he was a player..and he always got comments from women.. I personally wouldn't but only because in not that vain..

Old 11-20-2009, 09:38 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Believe it or not, there are women who find this attractive..i know a Bartender who used to post Pictures of himself shirtless.. and yes, he was a player..and he always got comments from women.. I personally wouldn't but only because in not that vain..
A lot of women do like players. I think it's something about trying to tame the beast, either that or their experience. Either way I don't get it. Little do they realize the number of STD's they've been exposed to. Then there's the chances of running in to someone they've slept with around every corner, and having to worry with them being a bartender.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Yes. Cancel your membership. That's what we've been trying to get you to do for months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships