Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Good point, in fact..a co worker and i had this discussion a few days back...

I can almost assure that if i had married in my 20's..especially earlier on, id probably be part of the statistic...Not because i would have cheated...we all know my stance on that subject..but, considering some of the women i was dating,, i pretty certain things would have not worked out at some point...

Now, im not saying that i might not have crossed paths with "the" girl i might still be happily married to...but, i for one, had stuff to work on, discover, come to know, and experience..about myself...

I firmly believe that the universe, god, karma...which ever you choose to call it...sets you on a path..and that there are always reminders guiding you toward where you are to arrive...and that, at least in my opinion; And that these forces have specific time lines for every big event in one's life..and for some, marriage comes after..not before or during the 7 year cycle of self discovery..which roughly correlates to ones 20's... The time when you are just entering Adulthood, and getting to know yourself.. The time when you want to explore the new world around you and test it's limits...

Towards the end of your 20's, you typically have come to know yourself fairly well..usually have grown up and out away from the Adolescent you were and have "gone around the world" a few times.. At this point, for many, this is when you really see the kind of person you desire to enter into a deeper relationship with..this kind of person often will reflect who you are..And are becoming

Within your 30's..you typically are beginning to settle into your career ambitions, and in general, are just on more level ground...then you may have been earlier on...this stability within one's life is when a marriage between two people is most likely to come, grow, and evolve..Unlike having to constantly change as id imaging it would if one was married younger...

Think about where you were when you were 20..are you the same person??..doing/into all of the same things??...most would say no..we change alot during this time..and many times are not the same exact person by the time we reach 30..we have evolved, shed, acquired, and learned..

Those who do marry this young..and make it are truly lucky..but this doesn't mean that the beautiful woman who is celebrating her 30th yet to be wed is doomed to be a spinster..her time is arriving (unless she has chosen to remain un married)..and, because she had her twenties to go..and GO...she shouldn't have many regrets about "missing out" the day her husband takes her hand...The time has come for both of them to experience, learn, and grow together...without regret

Marrying when one has gotten most of the ducks aligned is probably the smartest choice to be made..And if you are 27, 34,5, or 39...the universe knows when your number will come up...until then, continue exploring..and discovering you..
Awwww you are so SMRT...just like homer...lol j/k but I do agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 07:57 PM

429 posts, read 684,871 times
MARRIED THE FIRST TIME AT 18 IT LASTED 15 YEARS .;MARRIED SECOND TIME AT 35.tHINK IM INSANE BECAUSE i HAVE THOSE THOUGHTS ON A DAILY BASIS

Old 11-28-2009, 08:21 PM

190 posts, read 493,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Is marriage better for people after the age of 30, 35, or even 40? A lot of young people marry and divorce just like that. Why is that? I mean, the divorce rate is over 50% in America.

Why would you think that marriage is better for people after the age of 30?
Your question hints at an important point. There has been a recent trend in more developed nations called prolonged adolescence--which stretches into the late 20s and beyond. The trend is attributed to the increasing inability to live on one income, delayed entry into jobs because of several years of college and society becoming less agrarian, and the blurring of gender roles. Prolonged adolescence, when coupled with marriage, probably makes early marriage risky. How many times have you heard someone say "we were too young when we got married?" Before the 1950s, you would be less likely to hear this excuse. Thus, marriages are more likely to remain stable if a mature, adult identity is already in place before walking down the isle.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:06 PM

27 posts, read 44,540 times
I think that the percentage is up because so many young couples just jump in without thinking that they would last or not. It seems as though so many dive right in and only so many survive. Older couples are more likely to think very carefully and actually listen to their hearts about the situation and will only make the step if they are absolutely sure of it. Young couples only think that it is true love without actually thinking it though. The percentage is high because there are so many young couples getting married and so few older couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships