Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:20 AM

173 posts, read 609,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Actually, a significant number of people don't seem to ever learn from their past mistakes. There are those that aren't good with long term relationships because once they lose that honeymoon feeling towards their partner, they decide that they aren't in love anymore. Or some people keep being attracted to abusive partners, or broken people that they want to fix. But when looking at someone's past marriage track record, most people consider the age factor too. And it's good to check if there are any hidden children or child support obligations as that can affect future family plans.
Quote:
Actually, a significant number of people don't seem to ever learn from their past mistakes
So let's generalize and damn the whole population for this? I try and most of the time succeede learning from my misstake. Should i have to suffer because the neighboor's wife might not learn as well?

It's silly and illogical to think everyone is alike. So don't judge us all because of one person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,028 times
This kind of stuff is part of the bigger reason relationships can be more of a fustration than a learning experience...people aren't always set in their ways and can evolve to do better then choices made in the past.. and to lump everyone into the same category does not bode well for starting off a relationship positively..plus, things like this forget that each of us is unique, and so are our situations...now or in the past...

Old 11-25-2009, 08:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Of course, the information gleaned could be mistaken, but it's a reminder to be cautious when meeting any new potential boyfriend or girlfriend.

Is your date a 'stud or dud?' Ask your phone - CNN.com
"With Stud or Dud? the user punches in as much information as they have on their subject. Results can range from past addresses, real estate ownership and business and professional licenses to bankruptcies, evictions, criminal records and what the company calls "possible relationships."
Are They Really Single? scans marriage and divorce records. "

Sounds like a much more useful tool in the capable hands of a young male computer geek. What would they call it them?

Perhaps "Which is a B|tch?"

Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Good grief! I'm almost curious to pay and find out what 5!!! possible relationships they found on me! And they pull my name with my ex ex, but not with my ex - guess because he hasn't been in this state that long! I think they mean "relations" and not "relationships" per se. Yes, they do - I confirmed this by checking other people. Still have no idea how they came up with 5...

Old 11-25-2009, 09:57 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
This is all nonsensical the computer algorithms to come up with this stuff is still pretty far out there.

At least with any accuracy.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times
Wow. This actually hurts me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships