Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:45 AM
miu miu started this thread

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times

Advertisements

Of course, the information gleaned could be mistaken, but it's a reminder to be cautious when meeting any new potential boyfriend or girlfriend.

Is your date a 'stud or dud?' Ask your phone - CNN.com

Quote:
With Stud or Dud? the user punches in as much information as they have on their subject. Results can range from past addresses, real estate ownership and business and professional licenses to bankruptcies, evictions, criminal records and what the company calls "possible relationships."
Are They Really Single? scans marriage and divorce records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 06:49 AM

173 posts, read 609,847 times
That is downright sick. And not in a good way either.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
People are really doing themselves a disservice with all this instant gratification crap.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:58 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
What if the phone is disconnected? Then you're shyt outta luck.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:11 AM

551 posts, read 1,924,324 times
If they can't pay their phone bill, that should say enough!

Old 11-25-2009, 08:13 AM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
People are really doing themselves a disservice with all this instant gratification crap.
Why didn't you tell us that sooner?

Old 11-25-2009, 08:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Why didn't you tell us that sooner?
Because the people who need to learn that lesson would only listen if I sent them a Tweet while they were driving.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
That is downright sick. And not in a good way either.
Not really. A couple of months ago, in a thread about baby mommas, one female poster posted that it wasn't a woman's fault if she dated and had a baby with a man that she thought was single but in reality was already married or had other children with his exes. These sorts of aps can help prevent women from getting played by scam artists. And wouldn't you men what to know that a new female acquaintance didn't have a string of divorces behind her or if she had a crappy credit rating? Or what if this new person claimed to have gone to Harvard but didn't? Or claimed to have a good job, but was actually unemployed and covering up that fact just to get a date?

The sad fact is that many strangers should not be taken at their word. And there are some very good smooth talking liars out there.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:40 AM

173 posts, read 609,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Not really. A couple of months ago, in a thread about baby mommas, one female poster posted that it wasn't a woman's fault if she dated and had a baby with a man that she thought was single but in reality was already married or had other children with his exes. These sorts of aps can help prevent women from getting played by scam artists. And wouldn't you men what to know that a new female acquaintance didn't have a string of divorces behind her or if she had a crappy credit rating? Or what if this new person claimed to have gone to Harvard but didn't? Or claimed to have a good job, but was actually unemployed and covering up that fact just to get a date?

The sad fact is that many strangers should not be taken at their word. And there are some very good smooth talking liars out there.
This is sick because people change. Just because someone had a bad track record 10 years ago, does not mean it's the same person now. Just thinking about the fact that people "Read up" on others, as homework is sickening.

"I have some information on that you have had crappy cred rating, but i'm alright with that. The fact that you have divorced twice, with [Insert name] and [Insert name] at this [Insert date, and time] Makes me worry a little."

Come on, this is just paranoia as hell. This would have made for a good joke, but in reality? This is sick.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
This is sick because people change. Just because someone had a bad track record 10 years ago, does not mean it's the same person now. Just thinking about the fact that people "Read up" on others, as homework is sickening.

"I have some information on that you have had crappy cred rating, but i'm alright with that. The fact that you have divorced twice, with [Insert name] and [Insert name] at this [Insert date, and time] Makes me worry a little."

Come on, this is just paranoia as hell. This would have made for a good joke, but in reality? This is sick.
Actually, a significant number of people don't seem to ever learn from their past mistakes. There are those that aren't good with long term relationships because once they lose that honeymoon feeling towards their partner, they decide that they aren't in love anymore. Or some people keep being attracted to abusive partners, or broken people that they want to fix. But when looking at someone's past marriage track record, most people consider the age factor too. And it's good to check if there are any hidden children or child support obligations as that can affect future family plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships