Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,975 times

Advertisements

It's natural that upon spending so much time with this person your feelings / views may change. If you are ready to go to that next level then talk to him about it. But, if you feel you are going to regret it because maybe it's not what your religion would dictate, then, that's something you need to consider. Ultimately it's your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 12:41 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,254 times
Doing things by instinct, is fine. as long as the person has put in the time and hard work to develop those instincts correctly. Just doing what ever feels good, with little or no rational for your actions, is fool hardy and dangerous. Trusting ones thought processes takes time and hard work. But they must be honed first.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:45 PM

208 posts, read 469,419 times
I may not follow your belief system on this but if you feel you are ready go with it but if you really want to stick to what you believe consult your Pastor (or whatever they are called in your religion) who might shed some light on it for you.

To each their own.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM

304 posts, read 888,532 times
Whoa Nellie! (or Vonny!)

Put the brakes on - if you feel like you should move to the next level, are you going to get engaged? Married? Is this the man of your dreams who you want to spend the rest of your life with?

He sounds great, BTW. Respectful and honorable.

So if you're willing to have sex with him, you should be willing to marry him. 30 is old enough to know if he's the one. If he is, ask him about it. If you both agree, set a date.

If he's not the man you want to marry, you have to remove yourself from this temptation.

But for goodness sake, find your match soon. You're missing a lot in life, not having that helpmate!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnyj View Post
Hi everyone.

I met this guy in August this year & we've been dating every since.
We spend a lot of time together & there has not been one day where we haven't spoken.

It started out as friends & I made it clear that I won't have sex with anyone else until married, so we both agreed not to have unmarital sex.

Up to this date, we've been spending a lot of time with each other on dates, going to church, & also just hanging around each other.

For the last month, I finally allowed him to come into my home where he has been cooking for me & we watch TV with each other every evening after work.
These past 2 weeks, I let him spend some nights at my home.
We've been sleeping in the same bed & holding each other without any sexual intercourse.

I think both of our feelings are getting deeper but as he promised me in the beginning, he's a man who'll respect my wishes meaning no sex before marriage.

I now feel like I want to go to that next level of intimacy and I know he does too, but I'm the one who made the suggestion from the start to put it on hold.

What should I do, we are both human with those usual feelings?

I personally think waiting until marriage is a fools errand and only sets you up for failure. Why on earth would anyone want to risk their future with someone and NOT know if they're actually compatible. Sexual chemistry is just such a part of a relationship. If you wait weeks, months, years, or hold off completely until you get married, and then find out you don't work, I'd bet you'd feel pretty stupid and would be mad at yourself for wasting so much time on a doomed relationship. Mental, emotional, and physical chemistry are all equally important. Forgoing to develop or explore one aspect is just a huge mistake as far as I'm concerned.

For myself, I value sex and want to know if we're physically compatible as soon as possible. If that's the first time, 3rd date, whatever, but I'm not going to invest in someone if I don't think we're a good match. The sooner we're ready the explore those aspects the better IMO.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,659,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
It sounds like this guy have a lot of respect for you to keep his promise.

I think that you both sound like you are ready, so go ahead & fulfill feelings & dreams.
I like this post. If its becoming "to hot to handle" then all you have to do, is stop the overnight stay overs.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:24 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
My advice is to talk about it with him, then take time to think about it on your own. Just remember that it only happens once and you can't take it back. Having waited as long as you have, there is obviously some strong belief rooted in your abstinence. Don't be one of those "I should have waited" girls.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:35 PM

122 posts, read 389,479 times
Right after dinner.......

Old 12-01-2009, 06:08 PM

890 posts, read 2,785,135 times
I think if you're ready to marry just to have sex, I would suggest reading "Sheet Music" by Lehman.

It's about the both points of views of men and women, and has some good read on why waiting for sex until marriage in a religious / Christian perspective in terms of create a life of sex and intimacy within the marriage.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:02 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,235 times
The questions isn't, "When is it a good time?", but rather, "Am I ready to take things to the next level?"

Only you can answer that.. Only you know when you're ready.

But, before you decide if you are or not, you need to ask yourself some important questions:
  • If you sleep with him, do you feel as if it will change your opinion of him? Will it bring you two closer together or will it drive you apart?
  • Are you ready for that level of commitment? Or are you just doing this to "tame the wild beast"?
  • How will you see yourself the following day? Will you have regrets that you didn't wait?
There's a lot more of these questions you need to ask yourself - just do so objectively. In other words, make sure that this is what you both truly want, and that neither one of you will regret it later on.

I believe that when you make love to another person, that it is an intensely intimate and emotional thing, that it is a bonding of two people.. Personally, I don't ever take that lightly.

I wish you both the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnyj View Post
Hi everyone.

I met this guy in August this year & we've been dating every since.
We spend a lot of time together & there has not been one day where we haven't spoken.

It started out as friends & I made it clear that I won't have sex with anyone else until married, so we both agreed not to have unmarital sex.

Up to this date, we've been spending a lot of time with each other on dates, going to church, & also just hanging around each other.

For the last month, I finally allowed him to come into my home where he has been cooking for me & we watch TV with each other every evening after work.
These past 2 weeks, I let him spend some nights at my home.
We've been sleeping in the same bed & holding each other without any sexual intercourse.

I think both of our feelings are getting deeper but as he promised me in the beginning, he's a man who'll respect my wishes meaning no sex before marriage.

I now feel like I want to go to that next level of intimacy and I know he does too, but I'm the one who made the suggestion from the start to put it on hold.

What should I do, we are both human with those usual feelings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships