Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:27 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
But my life ain't hardly even over, in My Mind.
"It ain't over till its over."

Moonstruck.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 05:32 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
"I stays ready, to keep from having to get ready"

Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
"It ain't over till its over."

Moonstruck.

Thankyee Bro...

It ain't over til Elvis stops Singing...

i think i saw him at the 'Stage Stop'.

that pony express mail is never on time.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:26 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
One of the posters on another thread said that I look really young. It got me thinking, I'm 31 years old, but I feel like I have lived a lifetime. So many things have happened in my life, I have learned so much, I feel much older then my age.
Does anyone else feel the same way? If you were going to write a book about your life, would it make for a good read?
you're not old.

think of it this way, average life expectancy in the USA is 80 years or so, so you've lived less than half your life already.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Howdy MM My Friend...

I might be one of the last of the mountain men. During my entire life i've loved the outdoors & have spent most of my time outside...

I love to explore the BLM lands, finding new fishin' holes, beautiful scenery. My eyes behold beautiful sunsets & sunrises. I love looking at the awesome beauty of the 'Old Growth Forests'...

I love boonie campin', observing with awe the wonder of the forest critters with my eyes or camera. We live in peace, harmony, tranquility, as neighbors along with the life in the waterways, & those that fly the skies currents.

For twelve years i proudly served in the U.S. Navy. Two tours along the Mekong River, Vietnam. I Proudly grew up as an Army brat living in several Forts in several Beautiful states with very special Brothers & Sisters. My blood siblings & army school pal's.

But i wouldn't want to write a book.

Take gentle care of yourself...
WOW - well, if you ever DID want to write one I'd sure buy it! You are my kind of guy

Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
Quote:
One of the posters on another thread said that I look really young. It got me thinking, I'm 31 years old, but I feel like I have lived a lifetime. So many things have happened in my life, I have learned so much, I feel much older then my age.
Does anyone else feel the same way? If you were going to write a book about your life, would it make for a good read?
Yes, I know how you feel.. I'm the same age, and on some days, I feel like I'm 90. It's not that often, but everyone gets that at some point. All ya can do is to keep looking towards the future, and keep on moving down that great river of life. It's always said that it's not about the destination, but about the journey, and with that, I agree completely.

As far as writing a book about my life, I've actually done that to a degree. Chapters of my life anyway.. I posted a rough draft of something I wrote for a place awhile back about my life on my blog, if you feel inclined to read.

Thing is, everyone has a story to tell, and many times, those stories aren't all that different from other peoples stories.. We all laugh, we all cry, and we all go through things that only make us stronger.. It's how we live our lives in the present that truly matters.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
WOW - well, if you ever DID want to write one I'd sure buy it! You are my kind of guy

ThankYou Darlin'...

I think You, Your beloved Husband & i have a lot in common...

Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
You and me both sister. I'm sure we could compare some very interesting stories and yes, I do think writing a book would be a good read. Not only would be it maybe helpful for others to read but, it would be helfpful to you to get your thoughts down on paper. I'm an avid reader but I'm also big into writing. i did the write a novel in 30 days challenge, and other things like that.

For me and I'm turning 40 in Februrary, I have lived a lot of years beyond my physical age. I buried my parents at a young age, grew up very quickly, was emancipated at a young age, finished school on my own while living in my own apartment and working.

I just did a lot in my younger years, I was always well ahead of everyone else, not just in school but in life in general. So yes, I know exactly how you feel. I'd venture to guess people come to you for advice all the time too, right? I know that my nickname every single place I've worked is the "camp counselor"....

Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times
Quote:

Your only 31 and feel this way great now I am miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because I am 38 and have been feeling this way ever since I turned 37 last year. I feel soooooooo old. I look in the mirror and actually swear I see my eyes wrinkling up before me

Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,981 times
I think many of us feel that our lives would make a great book, or movie. It's because we've lived it, and try as we might, it's impossible to truly experience someone else's life. We want to feel understood, ultimately - the way we feel that we understand the characters in a movie or book.

Everyone has something remarkable to tell. And everyone (for the most part) leads a rather banal existence that, if told truthfully, would be a bunch of days spent brushing our teeth and grocery shopping and waiting in traffic. There would be some exciting moments when someone died unexpectedly, we were diagnosed with a terrible illness, a natural disaster changed our lives forever. That's the human experience. But we still spend a few minutes looking for the perfect dress at the department store, or waiting to pick the kids up at school. We are all special, and we are all boring.

Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself, it's later than you think

Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself, while you're still in the pink

The years go by, as quickly as a wink

Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself, its later than you think.

Todd Snider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships