Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Women out there ... let me ask you, what makes the majority of you attracted to men who are attached?
Already explained this here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/13259431-post10.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Someone may have already said it, but often when a guy is taken, it's almost as if there is a huge APPROVED stamped on his forehead. If other women find him desirable, then there must be something about him worthy to be desired. Makes sense? It's sort of like a verification thing. In addition, some women may simply like the challenge. Is my feminine prowess powerful enough to lure a man away from another girl?

Old 03-16-2010, 06:24 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Someone may have already said it, but often when a guy is taken, it's almost as if there is a huge APPROVED stamped on his forehead. If other women find him desirable, then there must be something about him worthy to be desired. Makes sense? It's sort of like a verification thing. In addition, some women may simply like the challenge. Is my feminine prowess powerful enough to lure a man away from another girl?
I agree. I also believe that for certain women there may be an element of safety that these men are unavailable for a serious emotional commitment because they do not want one themselves or because they can't, IOW they are married.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
It's about competition. I talked to a girl recently who said it's "safer" and better because they aren't desperate and talk less since they already have a relationship, it's mutual that they both just want sex.

I don't belive her at all. I think she feels better than the other (original) woman. But she did admit she likes the challenge of winning them over. She said she took a long time to seduce them and she liked it because it wasn't easy. I think she thinks she's sexy and an alpha female but I think it's pathetic. *shrug*

Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
It's about competition. I talked to a girl recently who said it's "safer" and better because they aren't desperate and talk less since they already have a relationship, it's mutual that they both just want sex.

I don't belive her at all. I think she feels better than the other (original) woman. But she did admit she likes the challenge of winning them over. She said she took a long time to seduce them and she liked it because it wasn't easy. I think she thinks she's sexy and an alpha female but I think it's pathetic. *shrug*
Women who describe themselves as "alpha females" tend to be skanks.

*Cue NBC's "The More You Know."

Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
"Fifty-nine per cent of women offered a single man were interested in pursuing a relationship. When the man was attached, 90 per cent said they were up for the chase."

"Burkley and Parker speculate that single women may be more drawn to attached men because they've been "pre-screened" by other women and found to be satisfactory as a mate"

This is old news on this site. It hasn't always been well received!

I've certainly seen a lot of "the best ones are taken" behavior over the years. Men only seen to fall into these sort of situations when the woman is dissatisfied with her marriage. This contrasts with married men who, if they are quite desirable, never really lose the desire for "variety" they developed during their ribald single days and will accept any "reasonable" offer.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
90%? That can't be right.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sounds like you're being sarcastic, but that's exactly how it really works! Same with looking for a job when you have one vs. being unemployed.
Not always true, I found a job as a unemployed person last year.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:53 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
I'm a guy, but let me take a crack at this--they see the guy as a "success" in terms of having a relationship. Whereas a guy who's single, and not seeing anyone, they start to wonder what's wrong with him.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Some women and men like the idea of "winning" or being able to take something from another person. It makes them feel better about themselves. But the "prize" usually isn't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships