Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times

Advertisements

A lot of people at the store I work have been buying copes of tabloids all about Tiger Woods and his extra marital affairs. A female customer asked me what I thought about it and I said I really didnt care. She said that I should because single women want to label men as insensitive careless cheaters who can't be trusted. I've only had 1 gf in my life so far and I never cheated on her

To the single women, does this change your view about men at all? Do you now see us as untrustoworthy liars who don't care about your feelings like this older woman stated today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
No, I think this is Tiger Woods's problem and he doesn't represent the entire male population.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:00 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,819,491 times
Well, gee, what else would a young pro legendary rich beyond most people's dreams athlete do? For me, he just enforced the stereotype. He's no better/different from any NBA player. Did anyone really think otherwise?

Eh, I don't think any worse of the average man because of Tiger.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Well, gee, what else would a young pro legendary rich beyond most people's dreams athlete do? For me, he just enforced the stereotype. He's no better/different from any NBA player. Did anyone really think otherwise?

Eh, I don't think any worse of the average man because of Tiger.
I agree... Besides, we don't know everything that has taken place. You never do. Would I base my view of all men on something that happened with one celebrity? OMG no!

Old 12-04-2009, 06:35 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
This has nothing to do with stereotyping men and EVERYTHING to do with people needing to mind their own business. The guy is a golfer. Why on Earth does everyone need to know everything about him, his family, and his personal life? I've even seen articles complaining about how private his wife is and how the public doesn't know much about her. The public isn't ENTITLED to know about her.

And all of this publicity about Tiger and how "awful" he is seems to ignore a bigger fact -- that all of their digging around about him has hurt his family just as much. So, IMO, anyone who is buying up all of the tabloids and paying mucho attention to this nonsense is guilty of exploiting the innocent people in this situation. If people would simply MYOB, then the Gotcha! journalism would stop. This all is between Tiger and his wife. The public doesn't need to insert themselves into it.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:53 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times
Single womans take? they wish they were one of the three he cheated with.....

Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Yet Another Tiger Woods post?

Old 12-04-2009, 07:16 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,385,704 times
lol...

the OP made me laugh. OK, so one man cheats on his wife, now ALL men are bad?

And no, I don't think us men should feel sorry simply because we're men. Don't pidgeonhole us, or tar us with all the same brush.

Granted, Tiger Woods is a golfing legend, but he has flaw in that he has committed an infidelity. So this is a personality/character thing, not a gender thing. Women cheat too, so this does not make ALL women everywhere bad, does it?

I guess to me this thing is a bit of a shock, if anything. Tiger always to me had the image of a clean cut kind of guy. I never thought he was such a player.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:20 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
This has nothing to do with stereotyping men and EVERYTHING to do with people needing to mind their own business. The guy is a golfer. Why on Earth does everyone need to know everything about him, his family, and his personal life? I've even seen articles complaining about how private his wife is and how the public doesn't know much about her. The public isn't ENTITLED to know about her.

And all of this publicity about Tiger and how "awful" he is seems to ignore a bigger fact -- that all of their digging around about him has hurt his family just as much. So, IMO, anyone who is buying up all of the tabloids and paying mucho attention to this nonsense is guilty of exploiting the innocent people in this situation. If people would simply MYOB, then the Gotcha! journalism would stop. This all is between Tiger and his wife. The public doesn't need to insert themselves into it.
I agree with you. I didn't mean for it to sound like I even considered it my business.....but was simply stating that "we" don't even know what happened. Frankly, like you....I don't think it's anyone's business. It's a family matter. I haven't done anything to research this situation, because again....not my business. Like I said though, I'm certainly not going to let it affect my opinion of men in general.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:23 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times
I think domestic violence is unacceptable in a relationship even if it is a wife who just found out her rich and famous husband has been unfaithful. His rich and famous has a whole hell of a lot to do with the reason she is living as well as she is and I'm sure was a factor in her decision to marry. She should not be surprised that there are a whole lot of other women who want a rich and famous husband too. I say "game on baby." If Mrs. Woods does not like what Mr. Woods is doing then she should leave... But gold-diggers usually don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships