Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times

Advertisements

IT was FUN'S...

hic

http://bestsmileys.com/cowboy1/13.gif (broken link)

http://bestsmileys.com/cowboy1/19.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 06:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
IT was FUN'S...

hic

hahaha - glad you had a good time

Old 12-09-2009, 08:10 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
... when I'm 64? Well, today's this big day for me and a brief moment of pause and contemplation after having contributed to this forum for a couple of years now.

I've been through SO much of what so many of you who post are going through now (and more maybe) and there certainly have been some tumultuous and heartbreaking times when I wasn't sure how and when I was going to come back up again. Three or four times I've "lost" a couple of years struggling back up and I can only remember those years as being a day to day life in a haze where everything got done but I wasn't really "there".

Back in my day there weren't forums such as these which HAVE to be lifesavers for so many - heck, there wasn't even an internet. And thank goodness there wasn't Facebook and MySpace and internet dating.

This whole internet communication is so wonderful in so many respects but it certainly has its downsides and if I read another thread about how someone is SO upset because they were "unfriended" and how that total angst is just destroying them, my computer keyboard is going to be covered in something akin to that which Linda Blair spewed up in "The Exorcist"! I tend to just ignore them now. If I didn't I might have my posts removed and be censured!

30+ friends are coming over to the pub tonight to help me celebrate this auspicious event and I've been prepping for two days now to lay on a great spread. Nicky Russell (a/k/a Mighty Whitey who I think is the only white person here who has ever won a Carnival calypso competition for his rendition of, "Move yo' mudder ass") will be here with his wife Janet Reiter who is in herself a great musician to entertain for a couple of hours and we will have fun.

Just to finish my thought, you have to remember that nothing is insurmountable. Nobody ever said that life was an easy path and, if they did, they were so wrong. We're only here for a relatively short time and, when we leave, that's it. If I posted that on the religion forum, imagine the responses!

I would admonish the computer nerds to get off the bloody machine, get out in the fresh air and meet people, talk to people, get to know people of different ages.

If some of you make it through this rather long post you're probably up and running already.

I am simply blessed to have reached the age of 64 and know that there are people here in my home of 25 years now who care enough to come out and have some fun with me. Cheers to the CD internet friends I've made and I'll have a silent sip to all of you this evening!

Back to work!
Happy Birthday!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztoSUhbNntQ

Old 12-09-2009, 08:17 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Happy Birthday!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h9pU3bG15U

Old 12-10-2009, 08:50 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
IT was FUN'S...

hic

You were here? I think not.

Thanks again y'all! (I'm English and saying that?!! ) It was delightful.

A few people were amazed that I "cleaned up" so well which I thought was hilarious. Some of them have never see me in "outside mode" and weren't around in the days when I dressed up big time for all sorts of social occasions. So accustomed to knowing me in a business tee and black pants and hair stuck to my head, they were a bit gobsmacked. Too funny!

Antlered Chamataka, thanks for the link to the 64 song. Nicky did sing it and then sang it again. His wife neglected to provide him with some sort of cord so we had no real microphone but all was well as the acoustics here are awesome!

What can I say but to reiterate that life is a real challenge. It always was and always will be. You go through certain time passages and think that you're doing OK for a while and then the sh#t hits the fan and your whole life is gone in a heartbeat. It hurts so badly and you not only question yourself but question life in general.

The majority who post on CD don't use the CD search engine because they're simply lazy. Yikes! Cheers!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:01 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Aday late -- story of my life -- but a belated and very Happy Birthday. That's a great milestone and, God willing, I'll be reaching it some months from now.

It's all about outlook, but you already know that!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:01 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
ACK, we were away celebrating our anniversary and I missed the big 64! Hope you had a happy and wonderful birthday, STT - I only wish we had gone south instead of the mountains! Heading back to St. Thomas is still on my bucket list - but first - we are going to the Med - hey, wanna join us? Next October (2010), 7 nt cruise of the western Med.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships