Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times

Advertisements

I haven't taken anything personal. I just call people out on their BS.

I've seen too many women still want men to play traditional roles, but they refuse to do their end of the deal. Can't have it both ways.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I haven't taken anything personal. I just call people out on their BS.

I've seen too many women still want men to play traditional roles, but they refuse to do their end of the deal. Can't have it both ways.
How do you know how calipoppy acts to conclude that she doesn't deserve to be treated like a lady? Can't judge all the women of the world based on the bottom feeders you pal around with.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:30 AM

I'm a judgemental twit. Sue me.

I'll wait for her reply and see if she is willing to do all the roles a traditional woman should do i.e. cooking, cleaning, being submissive etc. or if she's a hypocritical female, like the rest of them. I somehow doubt that, but I hope to be proven wrong. For once in my life.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I'm a judgemental twit..
Well that explains it all, thanks for playing.

Quote:
I'll wait for her reply and see if she is willing to do all the roles a traditional woman should do i.e. cooking, cleaning, being submissive etc. or if she's a hypocritical female, like the rest of them. I somehow doubt that, but I hope to be proven wrong. For once in my life.
Awww someone has a chip on his shoulder because his past relationships have all been duds so now he's going to take it out on all the other women he comes in contact with and then wonder why he keeps getting told off

Old 01-05-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Well that explains it all, thanks for playing.

Awww someone has a chip on his shoulder because his past relationships have all been duds so now he's going to take it out on all the other women he comes in contact with and then wonder why he keeps getting told off
So who is being judgemental now? LOL

I have several female friends whom I respect highly and I'd do anything for. I've had successful relationships which we parted ways on good terms, and I've had failure relationships - just like anyone else. Not sure where you get your information from that I "keep getting told off" lol. Easy now, can't judge all men of the world based on the bottom feeders you pal around with.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
So who is being judgemental now? LOL

I have several female friends whom I respect highly and I'd do anything for. I've had successful relationships which we parted ways on good terms, and I've had failure relationships - just like anyone else. Not sure where you get your information from that I "keep getting told off" lol. Easy now, can't judge all men of the world based on the bottom feeders you pal around with.
I'm not being judgmental (only one E) I'm reading the information you provided and coming to a probable conclusion.
Let me elaborate:

Calipoppy said she expects to be treated like a lady; you quickly retort that you doubt she acts like one, followed by “many” women don’t know how to act like proper ladies. When pressed further you admitted that you’ve met some truly, awful women therefore it would be logical to assume that your comment about women not knowing how to act like proper ladies is based on the little girls with teenage hormones and a massive sense of entitlement that you’ve directly encountered.

To further prove this assumption, after calipoppy stated that things that she feels a real man would not do, you responded with “I don’t need a female to tell me[snip] what a "real man “ Now since calipoppy wasn’t directing this comment at you directly; your urgent rebuff makes me think that you have encountered several women (or little girls with teenage hormones and a massive sense of entitlement) who have tried to tell you what a real man is.

Finally, your last comment “she's a hypocritical female, like the rest of them” pretty much speaks for itself.

So you see, I am not judging you at all. I am merely forming a collage with the images you have presented.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 6,257 times
[quote=msindy32;11982879]Where are all the good black men? The question is why can't women hold on to those good men. You don't have to be black or white or orange. I am young black male that has experienced and knows others (of different races) that has experienced the same thing. I am a nice guy and you know the saying. Women always claim that they want a nice guy and this and that, but when they come across one they either treat him like he's that guy who hurt you. Or you feel uncomfortable around him because he is not calling you all kinds of names. So to me it seems like a lot of women have chased your so called " good black men off"

Old 01-05-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Finally, your last comment “she's a hypocritical female, like the rest of them” pretty much speaks for itself. .
Nice of you to do your selective quoting. I did put an "if" but you excluded that from your post, and only copied what was relevant to your argument.

I did start with saying that "I'll wait for her reply" and finished it by saying I hope to be proven wrong. But hey, continue with your selective quoting.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Nice of you to do your selective quoting. I did put an "if" but you excluded that from your post, and only copied what was relevant to your argument.

I did start with saying that "I'll wait for her reply" and finished it by saying I hope to be proven wrong. But hey, continue with your selective quoting.
It wasn't selective; I just only quoted the important parts. The rest were all just filler words.

[quote=Princeton.h;12307021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msindy32 View Post
Where are all the good black men? The question is why can't women hold on to those good men. You don't have to be black or white or orange. I am young black male that has experienced and knows others (of different races) that has experienced the same thing. I am a nice guy and you know the saying. Women always claim that they want a nice guy and this and that, but when they come across one they either treat him like he's that guy who hurt you. Or you feel uncomfortable around him because he is not calling you all kinds of names. So to me it seems like a lot of women have chased your so called " good black men off"
There are orange people?

Old 01-05-2010, 12:46 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
It's an age thing; my grandfather would have agreed with you 100%. He always used to tell us that a man should accept a woman's help in certain situations but never expect it. Courting is pretty much dead except for the few men who still place value on those traditional roles.

When women expect more of men, we usually get more. A lot of men are no longer gentlemen because a lot of women do not require it.

When I require men to "act like a gentleman" around me, I usually get more respect and treated accordingly. Its true, it is an age thing but I am in my 30s and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by calipoppy; 01-05-2010 at 12:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships