Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 PM

454 posts, read 689,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I feel your pain. You got so angry because this guy didn't even give you a chance and the way he acted about it embarassed you. For your own sake just take satisfaction in knowing you were probably too good for him anyway. Don't let it scare you from meeting people though because meeting someone in person in imperative to know if there is an attraction. You can only tell so much online.
Thats exactly how I felt....I couldn't even justify why I was so angry. I mean, think about it; how ridiculously wrong is it to have someone come all the way out their way only to be shot down instantly.

The only way I could see that as being justified is if I happened to have posted a fake photo, and was looking completely different than my photo. Thats the only way.

I wish I was able to 'talk myself out' of the anger but it was just so engrossing I couldn't even hear myself...I may need to sign up for anger management, even though 99.9% of the time Im a very calm and collected person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 12:28 PM

371 posts, read 895,114 times
Women reject men for reasons that are just as vague as that one. It kinda sucks,doesn't it?

Still,the guy was a jerk. He could've at least hung out a while.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,173,047 times
at least you didn't have to spend an hour or two talking to the guy before getting the same result.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
at least you didn't have to spend an hour or two talking to the guy before getting the same result.
I would have been less upset had that happened. Because even if there is no spark, there is the oppurtunity to learn something from another person. It could have just been meaningless small talk. I've met with guys who for one reason or another never called me again. But they had the descency to finish the night...

This worthless piece of **** on the otherhand, didnt have that descency. One of the things he also said was "im picky". I said, well ***** Im picky too...you don't even look like your photos.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I dont even wanna talk about it. If I knew where he lived, I'd go set his apartment on fire. Waste my ****ing gas? I'll ****ing waste gas all over your damn porch. Take that! Im a crazy *****, I'll do it too! All because of a first date gone wrong. Why does it have to come down to this? Men, do you really like putting us through this nonsense?

Old 12-11-2009, 01:03 PM

4,534 posts, read 8,348,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I would have been less upset had that happened. Because even if there is no spark, there is the oppurtunity to learn something from another person. It could have just been meaningless small talk. I've met with guys who for one reason or another never called me again. But they had the descency to finish the night...

This worthless piece of **** on the otherhand, didnt have that descency. One of the things he also said was "im picky". I said, well ***** Im picky too...you don't even look like your photos.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I dont even wanna talk about it. If I knew where he lived, I'd go set his apartment on fire. Waste my ****ing gas? I'll ****ing waste gas all over your damn porch. Take that! Im a crazy *****, I'll do it too! All because of a first date gone wrong. Why does it have to come down to this? Men, do you really like putting us through this nonsense?
Ok, I can see not being too happy about getting dressed and going out and driving so many miles only to get rejected within an hour. You have to realize that at least this happened and you didn't put any effort into dating him only to find out months later that he's not that into you.

The more important part here is that you got so angry you hit a few signs. Basically you had road rage. You are very lucky that nobody was around for you to hit. You have a severe anger problem that you need to address. If you are going to fly off the handle for something like this, then pretty much you will do the same when something doesn't go your way. If you happen to meet a good guy and you both hit it off, this could scare him away. I for one would not want to be in a car with you nor drive with you ever again if you did that while I was in your car.

I would suggest that the next time you get this angry, do not get behind the wheel. Take a walk or do something else to calm yourself down.

Your original post is very scary and you could one day find yourself trapped in your car wrapped around a tree or pole.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:11 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,518,479 times
Quote:
Yikes. Just ... yikes.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:15 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,253,296 times
Quote:
... I wish I was able to 'talk myself out' of the anger but it was just so engrossing I couldn't even hear myself...I may need to sign up for anger management, even though 99.9% of the time Im a very calm and collected person.
I suspect that you're kidding about the anger class, but it sounds like the anger is still there... and it shouldn't be. I mean no offense here, but knowing how you've reacted to this loser, I'd not want to date you. (Well, I'm sure I'm waaaaay too old anyway, not to mention married, but still....) I think you should take anger management classes now, before you're forced to because of domestic violence, or because you've killed an innocent person on the road, or you harm you own child.

Does this remind anyone else of the Tiger Woods accident?

Old 12-11-2009, 01:18 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times
I'm really sorry that happened. What a bum! This is why I'm hesitant to do the online thing. I realize that there is only a TINY chance of two strangers meeting and feeling immediate mutual attraction but people are people, and if you can't at least make small talk over coffee for and hour then I don't know what to say. Like you said, you were bored one night and presumably so was he so what's the problem with taking to killing some time in a coffeshop? It beats being bored! I talk to many many people I'm not attracted to on a daily basis so the idea of sitting with a someone for a bit doesn't phase me in the least, but I suspect that many guys would pull what this guy did and I'm just not up for that kind of thing. You would think that having chatted online would make it easier but I guess some people are so focued on finding LOVE or even just SEX that anything less than their fantasy walking thru the door isn't worth it for them. Too bad.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm really sorry that happened. What a bum! This is why I'm hesitant to do the online thing.
And its why I want help to stop doing online dating. Im so sick of it. I understand that its a part of the process, but Im finding that its becoming less fun, more frustration on my part. I think I'll be better off not doing it at all. I don't mind my own company anymore.

If I have to put myself in a position where every guy I meet is secretly in a relationship or living with their X, or when you go to meet them its a different story, why should I continue to be bothered?

Im not a quitter, Im just chosing to walk away from it. I havent had a boyfriend online since February 2008! The most recent guy, well he stopped calling me the day he moved out of his X's place!

I just cant deal with it anymore. And bars and clubs arent even that better of an option for me either.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:51 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,410,739 times
Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I dont even wanna talk about it. If I knew where he lived, I'd go set his apartment on fire. Waste my ****ing gas? I'll ****ing waste gas all over your damn porch. Take that! Im a crazy *****, I'll do it too! All because of a first date gone wrong.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships