Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 02:03 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,394,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Not knocking you justjulia more power 2 u serioulsy, i want what you have! Im just saying, its hard to beleive, how people here are so perfect, perfect sex lives, sleep naked, have no financial problems, perfect kids etc etc, do u understand where im coming from>

I think I can pretty much speak for all of us here that nothing is ever perfect. We are happy in our marriages, but it takes compromise, communication, trust, honesty to get to that point. People need to work on what they want in life, whether it's a successful marriage or good careers or obedient kids. And that's not to say that there will be problems in every marriage, but nothing that we cannot overcome. If there is a will, there is a way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 02:09 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,388,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
+1

Where are these people? I see people in good relationships here, but none that don't have any problems. I have a great relationship, but we don't have money. My dh has to sleep on the floor because of his back. I only get to have sex (mostly) in the summer and winter break.

Perhaps you are just taking the best from each and morphing it into one entity. OTOH, since becoming a member on CD, it certainly helps me recognize how fortunate I am. My dh is kind and compassionate. That tends to be a rarity around some parts of this forum.

Hi Braunwyn,

You are both working are you not?

Old 12-14-2009, 02:12 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,206,877 times
Quote:
Is it me or do some "posters" exagerrate their relationships, they claim to have the best husbands, best wives, best sex lifes, do it everyday. perfect lifes etc etc, sometimes, coming in here make some of us w problems feel like "damm my relationship is messed up" i mean compared to the people here!
I think this is funny in an odd sort of way because I often think some posters exagerrate the problems with their s/o and relationships more so than the other way around.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,210,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Braunwyn,

You are both working are you not?
Dh is finishing his degree, tho, he lost a long time gig he had...due to problems; yep, we got them. He's an RA, and works in the summer, but we're navagating this ship on my salary. Things are tight.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:23 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If anything, I think some people hesitate to talk about their good relationships for fear of looking like they're gloating. I've posted a couple of threads for people to say nice things about their spouses, and I've always gotten lots of grateful reps and DMs. Sometimes it seems like every thread is about cheating and divorce and breaking up and bitchy little comments about boyfriends and girlfriends. Oh, with a couple threads about armpit hair and "Ewww, fat people!" thrown in for good measure.

My relationship is not perfect, but I am happy. If you don't like it, you can suck it.
what she said!

Old 12-14-2009, 02:26 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,096,009 times
Quote:
Not knocking you justjulia more power 2 u serioulsy, i want what you have! Im just saying, its hard to beleive, how people here are so perfect, perfect sex lives, sleep naked, have no financial problems, perfect kids etc etc, do u understand where im coming from>
Please show me one poster that has all these things. It seems to me several different posters with one or a few of these, not all of them.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:30 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,561,696 times
I think some do. I'll take it a step further and say that the ones who brag on their looks constantly, yet have never posted a pic exaggerate as well.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:31 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,900,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I think some do. I'll take it a step further and say that the ones who brag on their looks constantly, yet have never posted a pic exaggerate as well.
Boy, I'd really like to see those.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:33 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,264,893 times
Actually, I think those posters who belly ache about EVERYTHING and EVERY situation are the ones to wonder about....

Old 12-14-2009, 02:35 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,614,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If anything, I think some people hesitate to talk about their good relationships for fear of looking like they're gloating. I've posted a couple of threads for people to say nice things about their spouses, and I've always gotten lots of grateful reps and DMs. Sometimes it seems like every thread is about cheating and divorce and breaking up and bitchy little comments about boyfriends and girlfriends. Oh, with a couple threads about armpit hair and "Ewww, fat people!" thrown in for good measure.

My relationship is not perfect, but I am happy. If you don't like it, you can suck it.
^ what she said

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships