Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:49 AM

20 posts, read 50,985 times

Advertisements

Well I dont feel crazy at all for doing this, but I am curious on some feed back. I've been best friends with this girl for years even before we got together. I met her when she was 14. She was absolutly crazy. She hasnt lived at home since then, either with friends or her previous fiancee. I've watched her mature to the point where I feel she is her own woman, not just a girl. Shes gotten through everything on her own, with no help from anyone. Has had many ****ty relationships through out (not on her part). im 23, and I feel shes more mature then I am. She got her g.e.d, had her own appartment (in virginia, we live in new york), her license, and is currently attending college and working full time. Shes not the crazy, wild girl I knew, shes the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I asked her 2marry me last week and I honestly can say I have never seen her this happy, even when the last guy asked her to marry him. We dont plan on getting married until we are finished with school, she'll be 22 and I will be 25. Crazy am I? I dunno a few of my friends think I am. But I dont feel that age designates if you are an adult or not, I dont picture her as some 19yr old girl im dating. I see her as the woman who is my other half.

What do you guys think? Did I act to soon? Still have 2 years before we plan on getting married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,930,290 times
despite what many other posters will probably come on and tell you, age has NOTHING to do with it.
i've known folks who are more mature at 20, than others i know at 50.

it's your love, and your attitude will decide if it works.

good luck, and congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesx100 View Post
Well I dont feel crazy at all for doing this, but I am curious on some feed back. I've been best friends with this girl for years even before we got together. I met her when she was 14. She was absolutly crazy. She hasnt lived at home since then, either with friends or her previous fiancee. I've watched her mature to the point where I feel she is her own woman, not just a girl. Shes gotten through everything on her own, with no help from anyone. Has had many ****ty relationships through out (not on her part). im 23, and I feel shes more mature then I am. She got her g.e.d, had her own appartment (in virginia, we live in new york), her license, and is currently attending college and working full time. Shes not the crazy, wild girl I knew, shes the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I asked her 2marry me last week and I honestly can say I have never seen her this happy, even when the last guy asked her to marry him. We dont plan on getting married until we are finished with school, she'll be 22 and I will be 25. Crazy am I? I dunno a few of my friends think I am. But I dont feel that age designates if you are an adult or not, I dont picture her as some 19yr old girl im dating. I see her as the woman who is my other half.

What do you guys think? Did I act to soon? Still have 2 years before we plan on getting married.

677 posts, read 1,539,271 times
A good rule to follow, if you have to ask someone if you are making a wise choice, you probably aren't.

85 posts, read 153,974 times
Good for you. Congratulations.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,426,444 times
Quote:

Congratulations and my best wishes to you both!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
I don't think you're nuts, but I do think it's a good idea that you are waiting until you are done with school before you tie the knot.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,593,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
despite what many other posters will probably come on and tell you, age has NOTHING to do with it.
i've known folks who are more mature at 20, than others i know at 50.

it's your love, and your attitude will decide if it works.

good luck, and congratulations.
What he said.

It sounds to me like you are doing it for all the right reasons.

Congrats

Old 12-15-2009, 11:02 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Congrats and I think the long engagement is a fine idea as well. Very smart of you.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,436,348 times
I could never do it, personally. Your 20's are a time when you should go out and meet new people.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:

Hi wafflesx100,

With great risk comes great reward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships