Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:39 PM

981 posts, read 806,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I HAVE to ask and I hope this isn't mean, but in "flaming"gay men, why do so many talk with a lisp? Is it something that they practice and perfect? Are you born that way? Hope that's not too offensive.
I don't have the answer. I don't have a lisp. Sorry. Maybe it's just an acquired affectation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Really you just answered your own statement about hanging with straight guys. If that's not where you are comfortable, stick with your gay friends.

Don't feel guilty about it.
I don't see how I did, but OK.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
I never said anything was wrong with it. I can respect that you feel uncomfortable around gay men. I'm not passing judgment on you because of that, or anyone else. You're entitled to your feelings.
I'm not straight, though. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I HAVE to ask and I hope this isn't mean, but in "flaming"gay men, why do so many talk with a lisp? Is it something that they practice and perfect? Are you born that way? Hope that's not too offensive.
This is such a fantastic question. I have no idea. I too am gay and have no lisp.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:55 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,219 times
The gay lisp is a stereotype, but I often find it to be true. I'm curious about how it originated too.

Sigh, why are you gay boys so hot? A good friend of mine is gorgeous and sometimes I'm tempted to get him really drunk and fake a deep voice.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
The gay lisp is a stereotype, but I often find it to be true. I'm curious about how it originated too.

Sigh, why are you gay boys so hot? A good friend of mine is gorgeous and sometimes I'm tempted to get him really drunk and fake a deep voice.

Over 90% of men are straight and you're worrying about the gay guy you can't have?!. You are SURROUNDED by hot boys all around you who like the vajayjay. If anything, I should be complaining.

Reality check, Aisle 3!

Old 12-22-2009, 03:02 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,912 times
Quote:

Over 90% of men are straight and you're worrying about the gay guy you can't have?!. You are SURROUNDED by hot boys all around you who like the vajayjay. If anything, I should be complaining.

Reality check, Aisle 3!
It is true (I know there's some stereotyping in this, but I've personally found it to be true amongst the gay guys I've met in my life), that gay men usually take more and better care of their appearance than their straight counterparts, though, which makes many of them look hotter. And besides, impossible scenarios are alluring.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:05 PM

353 posts, read 552,554 times
Quote:
Heterophobe? Are you being serious?
Why wouldn't I be. You have issues with straight guys. Your a heterophobe.
Prejudice is prejudice regardless of who it comes from.
You said:
Quote:
I've received some criticism because, as a gay man, I don't pursue or want friendships with heterosexual men, and try to avoid them.
If i said that about, homosexuals, blacks, whites, latinos, women, etc. I would be called a racist, bigot, homophobe, etc.
So i ask the question again. What makes you think your so special?

Old 12-22-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
Why wouldn't I be. You have issues with straight guys. Your a heterophobe.
Prejudice is prejudice regardless of who it comes from.
You said:
If i said that about, homosexuals, blacks, whites, latinos, women, etc. I would be called a racist, bigot, homophobe, etc.
So i ask the question again. What makes you think your so special?
If you'll actually note, I never said I would call you a homophobe because of the possibility of you being uncomfortable around gays, and I wouldn't see it as prejudice (provided you could give a legitimate reason). That's your business, not mine, and you are entitled to whatever you feel. And because I am entitled to what I feel, as well, I started this thread with a concern of mine (and gave, what I felt, a legitimate justification for feeling that way).

Whatever "issues" I have with straight guys have been acquired through experience. I certainly wasn't born feeling any different about them than I do anyone else. You think about that before you start telling me about myself and what you presume to be my "heterophobia," which is just nonsensical. My feelings have a basis in my reality that you couldn't possibly comprehend.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:

Reality check, Aisle 3!
My reality is very much in check. It was a joke.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
It is true (I know there's some stereotyping in this, but I've personally found it to be true amongst the gay guys I've met in my life), that gay men usually take more and better care of their appearance than their straight counterparts, though, which makes many of them look hotter. And besides, impossible scenarios are alluring.
Ding ding ding! Yeah, it is a generalization, but there is fact to it. I think it goes back to men being visual, but since I'm a straight female, I definitely do not have authority on the subject lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships