Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 01:56 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,576 times

Advertisements

I believe this is partly where I went wrong in my first relationship. I also believe he did took me for granted as a result of being too quiet about it and not speaking up when I had to.

This means that she's there every time you call her, never says I'm busy nor anything of those excuses, never tells you what you need to improve whether that be in bed or in other areas, almost always apologizes on every single argument and is practically there on your every whim and even answers your weird questions. Lastly, you can dump her once and when you ask her back, there is never any rules made, she simply takes like nothing happened (that was long ago). Literally meaning she can be too sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 01:58 AM

233 posts, read 744,321 times
boring

Old 12-20-2009, 05:34 AM

519 posts, read 1,050,164 times
I am not a men but this is not a healthy way to approach a relationship.

Get yourself a copy of "The Rules" - I used this book, it changed my life.

I was clueless about relationships... once too.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:39 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I believe this is partly where I went wrong in my first relationship. I also believe he did took me for granted as a result of being too quiet about it and not speaking up when I had to.

This means that she's there every time you call her, never says I'm busy nor anything of those excuses, never tells you what you need to improve whether that be in bed or in other areas, almost always apologizes on every single argument and is practically there on your every whim and even answers your weird questions. Lastly, you can dump her once and when you ask her back, there is never any rules made, she simply takes like nothing happened (that was long ago). Literally meaning she can be too sweet.
There is no chase. He knows automatically that he`s got you, no matter what.
If you was to tell him no, what his expression!
Its amazing what that one word can do! Try it.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,500 times
well a relationship has to be fun and theres no fun if theres no interaction .. and last but the least there has to be interest for both the persons involved .. if u're interested to move on with the relationship .. u gotta get a good grip to hold on ..or else it'll slip by faster than u'll ever realise u've been dumped .. just like business .. a relationship is an investment .. before investing your time money thoughts love everything .. go thoroughly through the pros and cons .. commitment to commit and achieve the summit isnt anybodys cup of tea .. god gave us organs that responds to stimuli ..which we know as emotions .. u cant keep it within yourself ..so one should learn how to express those emotions .. u certainly wont cry hearing a funny joke ..nor would u laugh at a funeral ..unless u see someone moaning like he/shes got a shovel in the back lol ... bottom line just make the interaction more lively so as to really enjoy being in a relationship .. or else its like talking to a robot ..different day same ol'story kinda lol ..this is really annoying .. i never used to talk much .. since im a good listener ..but when i raise my opinion people think im trying to act smart .. geez god have mercy lol

Old 12-20-2009, 07:59 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,255,370 times
You need to refraise that question. How do you feel when you never hear yes? LMAO......... Eewwww you have dirty pants! But I just got off work, honest!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:40 AM

190 posts, read 413,343 times
I'm looking at what you describe from two viewpoints: 1) your own actions and 2) the dynamics of the relationship. For yourself, you need to think of whether your "never saying no" was being untrue to your own needs and feelings - you should never feel like you are comprimising yourself or it will lead to feeling bad about yourself and after you get out of the relationship you feel like you lost touch with who you really are. As for the relationship - it sounds like he took and/ or you gave all the control of the relationship. A different boyfriend would elicit a different relationship in this respect.

I've been in relationships where we fought for "control" which was no fun, and I've been in others where both people have the same respect for each others wants and needs and it's more of a power sharing agreement that was really fun because we made space for each other to express themselves.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Never saying "no" likely means passive dependency, low self-esteem and a likelihood of smother-love. Where's the challenge? Where's the spark, the dazzle? What do you do for conversation, communication, stimulation, excitement?

No thanks! I much prefer an up-front, outspoken, secure woman who stands on her own two feet and has an opinion, even if it isn't the same as mine. That's half the fun.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:55 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInHSV View Post
I'm looking at what you describe from two viewpoints: 1) your own actions and 2) the dynamics of the relationship. For yourself, you need to think of whether your "never saying no" was being untrue to your own needs and feelings - you should never feel like you are comprimising yourself or it will lead to feeling bad about yourself and after you get out of the relationship you feel like you lost touch with who you really are. As for the relationship - it sounds like he took and/ or you gave all the control of the relationship. A different boyfriend would elicit a different relationship in this respect.

I've been in relationships where we fought for "control" which was no fun, and I've been in others where both people have the same respect for each others wants and needs and it's more of a power sharing agreement that was really fun because we made space for each other to express themselves.
The reason I stated he took me for granted is because there would be a time (when we were in the same place) he would come at whatever time he wanted and can either stay or leave. I never really put a stop to it as a result of being too reserved as well as never giving me anything for Christmas. It did once got to the point, my mother had to speak up for me. They got into a bad argument but she told that if she didn't then when was I ever going to stand up for yourself, when would I stop saying yes and coming to his every whims.

I never really demand anything (literally you could give me an old, useless bow and I wouldn't say anything even if I didn't like it) and there were times I wasn't too content with a certain situation but I was always quiet about it and followed along. It got once to the point I was too tired to proceed on doing the deed with him but to spare his feeling, I again went along with it. Another example of overly praising him, even when asked how well was he in bed. I always gave him the maximum ranking which wasn't true. The truth is I hardly ever put a real challenge and I feel he took me for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships