Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 12:09 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Those are the absolute worst. People who spend lots of time complaining about how his/her other partners treated him/her badly or unfairly aren't for me.
Yeah, it's hard to know if they really hate women or if they are just letting you know what they will/won't "put up with" in a relationship. I have been known to walk out on a date because of that and it is the main reason I always drove my own car and met them somewhere.

Remember the old excuse "My wife doesn't understand me"? Well, that might not have been too hard to hear but, gads, the stories I have heard over the years...!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly57 View Post
Dating is really hard to be honest. Especially when you had been with someone for 23 years and started over! But, yes it's awkward & most people aren't good at it. It may take a 2nd or 3rd date with a particular person to start feeling more comfortable. If Ron really liked this woman during his phone calls & emails then maybe he oughta give her "another chance". That first in-person meeting is difficult. My husband and I met via the internet but we clicked on the phone right away & one hour into the first in-person date it was really comfortable for both of us, yeah we were nervous but obviously it worked, we got married 2 years later!
Yes, dating is hard. I am at the point to where I really do not enjoy as much as I did. I guess when you age a little and get more experience, you kind of expect to not deal with insignificant things. That's far from the case.

Funny thing is we talked via phone and email and we flowed just fine. I could have sworn I told her what i did. Maybe I did not or maybe she forgot.

Usually once I say I work 3rd shift, most women are like, really, doing what?

To be honest, I'd rather not date her again. I really think she's into "status" and being very showy.

I'm the type of guy that could earn $1million a year and drive a nice Honda, only because it's sensible to buy a Honda than a $100k sports car.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's not like you're a pimp or drug dealer, Ron. Just tell her that job title already

It's not like you're spiderman or batman that you have conflicting issues between your lady and social service, lol.
No, I am no Pimp or drug dealer but I am a superhero.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's pretty darn cool just the same. And I think in your case, given the gravity of such a job, it would be more telling about your worldview compared to many.
One of the reasons why I really don't talk about what I do is because.....my job is VERY stressful.

I work 12 hours a night. I deal with people that have hit ROCK BOTTOM. Sure it's nice to see a guy walk in the door and he has no idea if he's coming or going. 6 months later that same guy has cleaned himself up, obtained employed, stopped the drinking and now he's stable enough to get an apartment, that's nice to see. BUT it is hard work.

When I am not at work I do not talk about it, seriously. It takes so much out of me.

Sure, it's something I need to deal with and not the fault of the person I am dating.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
At the risk of sounding like a one word cliche, relax. It's hard to stay tense around someone who's so relaxed, easy-going and easy to talk to. Relaxed people can disarm, charm and reel in even the most uptight, tense people. The trick is, when you see someone being this uptight, don't clam up. Don't tense up. And if you can make them laugh, you'll get there even faster. But you gotta RE-LAX.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:57 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I am what I do. Someone once said, "Tell me what you do, and I'll tell you who you are."

Asking what I make is a little more questionable, but it's not something I'd hide. I'd still volunteer that information.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Usually once I say I work 3rd shift, most women are like, really, doing what?
You know, even the graveyard shift itself makes a difference. I'm in the 9-5 crowd, for instance. When am I gonna see this person...?

Old 12-20-2009, 01:53 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Hey, relax......no need to get riled up. Gee whiz. We're just having a discussion here.

calm down.

If you think this is riled up, then you're the one with the problem. It was as honest question. What was so formal about it? that's why I asked for an example. Geez, calm down.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's this kind of stuff that probably makes some avoid the discussion- harsh judgements.
Harsh? Are you kidding? That's a reasonable statement. It's ok to date an 18 yr old who works at McD's... but 30 yr old? No, not if that's the only job.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
It became a big deal because YOU made it a big deal. If you had just answered and moved on, maybe things would have turned out differently. You never cease to amaze me, Ron - how you can flip every scenario and blame the female you're with is a real talent.
Oh, so this is a pattern with him! Explains a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships